CHEESECAKE….It’s been my absolute all time favorite dessert since I was very young. It’s always held a special place in my heart. It was the very first thing my boyfriend (now my husband), made for me. He had a great sense that the way to this girls heart was not through flowers, but through cheesecake…It was that precise moment that I knew he was a keeper. Starting keto, I knew I could walk away from the pasta, bread and rice without too much fuss…But how could I ever walk away from my beloved cheesecake? It’s always been there for me! Through the happy times, through the sad times, through the….Oh who am I kidding? “There’s never a bad time for cheesecake.” Since changing to the keto way of eating, I have tried recipe upon recipe, but none of them seemed to tick all the boxes….Until now! This recipe has cured my cheesecake cravings, and I hope it does for you too. This is a baked NY Style cheesecake topped with a delicious blueberry compote, however, you can substitute the blueberries for whatever your favorite keto safe berries are.
PIE CRUST INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 Cup almond flour
- 3/4 Cup coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 2 8oz Pkg Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 TBSP Erythritol/Stevia Blend Sweetener
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tspn Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
BERRY COMPOTE INGREDIENTS:
- 1.5 cups Keto Safe Berries
- 1.5 TBSP Erythritol/Stevia Blend Sweetener
- 1/4 tspn Xanthan Gum
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Add all the base ingredients into a bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and mix together in a bowl.
- In a cake pan (I find springform works best), line the inside with baking paper and press the base mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the crust in the fridge to chill and firm up. Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 340F.
- In a mixing bowl, add all cheesecake filling ingredients together EXCEPT for the 3 eggs, and mix until well combined and smooth. Then continue by adding 1 egg at a time, mixing each one into the mixture for 15-20 seconds before adding next egg.
- Take the base out of the fridge and pour cheesecake mixture on top of the crust. Put cheesecake into the oven along with a ramekin or ovensafe bowl filled with water and bake for 60 mins. Turn off oven, leave oven door open slightly to allow cheesecake to cool slowly for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and place immediately into the fridge to cool for a minimum of an hour (we prefer overnight if you can resist the temptation).
If you wish to have the berry compote shown in the picture, add half of the berries in medium saucepan, and mash them down, as this is going to help create the compote, then add remainder of the berries, along with the rest of the compote ingredients, and bring to slow simmer. Then top your cheesecake with the Berry Compote and enjoy!
NET CARBS: 5g PER SERVING
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.