Sometimes a girl just needs chocolate!
And if that’s you, then you can’t go wrong with this recipe. So what is a Pots De Creme anyway, you might ask?
…Only one of the most tastiest, decadent, rich and silky smooth French desserts you’ll find.
And guess what?….This ones KETO!
The only way I can describe a Pots De Creme is an extra creamy, thick chocolate mousse. I love chocolate mousse, and have tried A LOT of recipes on the internet, some were bad, and some were pretty good, but I thought I could improve on the taste and texture by combining the BEST attributes from several recipes to come up with this AMAZING, FOOL-PROOF dessert.
And the best part about this recipe, besides the taste, is that it can be made and put in the fridge to chill in under 15 minutes.
Like with most recipes, especially the simple ones like this, the better the ingredients, the better the flavor. We used Ghiradelli Cacao and Cocoa in this, but you can use a cheaper brand like Bakers. Again, same with the butter, we use Kerrygold Grass fed salted, but you can use any butter, as long as it’s real butter and not margarine or a butter blend.
If you’re adventurous, you can even change it up a bit by adding a drop of Vitality 100%(Edible Grade) Peppermint Oil, to give it that Andes After Dinner Mint taste. You could even use a drop of Vitality 100% (Edible Grade) Orange Oil, to give it a sophisticated Choc-Orange or Jaffa flavor as the English and Aussies would call it.
Top it with a little bit of Whipped Cream and a Berry of some sort, and you have yourself a little piece of heaven.
By the way, the portion size in the top photo is a DATE NIGHT served for 2 portion. But it is very rich, so you’ll be perfectly satisfied with the regular portion size.
As always be sure to share with us your own creations and combinations in the Comments section below.
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup of Kerrygold butter
1/2 block of Ghiradelli 100% cacao(chopped into small pieces)
2 TBSP Ghiradelli 100% cocoa powder
2 TBSP erythritol/stevia blend sweetener(blended into powdered sugar)
1 good pinch of espresso or coffee powder – Not necessary if you don’t have it, but does provide some complexity to the chocolate flavor.
2 large eggs
- Put 2 TBSP of Erythritol/Stevia blend sweetener into a spice grinder or magic bullet and grind until it’s the consistency of powdered or confectioners sugar.
- Chop or bash 1/2 a block of Ghiradelli 100% Cacao into small chunks, the smaller, the better.
- In a large blender put in all the dry ingredients (chopped up cacao, powdered, cocoa, powdered sweetener, and espresso powder if using) and quickly pulse for about 30 seconds or until mixture is a fine powder and all the chocolate has been turned to powder.
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter, almond milk, and heavy whipping cream, and continue to stir over medium heat until the mixture starts to bubble. Be careful not to burn. Then carefully pour the hot liquid mixture into the blender over the dry mixture. Pulse for about 15 seconds until well combined.Then add the 2 large eggs into the blender, and blend for another 20 seconds.And finally pour the mixture evenly into your 4 serving vessels.
- Place into the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours.
- Top with whatever garnish you choose and enjoy!
NET CARBS: 3.5g per serving