First and foremost, “Happy New Year” everybody!
We are very excited about this new year, and have a lot of exciting new plans, including upping the content and amount of recipes on this blog and possibly even some videos.
This year our focus is about establishing and encouraging a Team Effort with our blog family. We want your input, your recipe requests, and also your feed back.
We had such an overwhelming response to our last recipe that we had posted; JAM JAR CHEESECAKES, using the sous-vide method, that people have been asking for more great ideas using the sous vide machine.
So we thought we’d kickstart the New Year with a tasty, easy recipe, that not only you but also the kids will love.
“SOUS-VIDE EGG BITES”
The best part of these sous-vide egg bites, is that they are easy, they are set it and forget it, you can make them in bulk and eat them on the go, and most of all, they are portion controlled!
By no means are we the inventors of the sous-vide egg bites, in fact most people were introduced to these tasty morsels through Starbucks; But what we have created is a version that is completely Keto, more affordable and totally customizable to your taste.
Today we are making my hubby’s favorite
BACON AND GRUYERE CHEESE.
Now me….I’m a big fan of those Southwest flavors. Instead of the Gruyere cheese, I throw in pepperjack cheese, sauté up some green and red peppers, and I use cooked chorizo instead of bacon.
You can go Greek with Spinach and Feta cheese, or how about a Philly Cheesesteak version with sautéed green peppers and onion, seared steak and provolone cheese.
You see where I’m going with this, you can totally personalize these to your own taste.
- 6 eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese cubed
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese, plus extra for Kitchen Tip
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- Set sous-vide machine to 172F.
- In a blender, add eggs, cheese, salt and pepper and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture evenly amongst 6, 4oz mason jars.
- Add bacon on top of egg mixture and gently tap jar.
- Put lids on jars, finger tight only.
- Set sous-vide machine for 60 mins and place jars into cooking vessel.
- After 1 hour they are ready to eat or refrigerate.
- To reheat, place jar with lid off into microwave for 1 minute, or see Kitchen Tip
SERVES: MAKES 6, 4oz SERVINGS.
PRODUCTS WE USE: