This soup is one of my all time favorites, and it’s also fitting for this time of year.
It’s rich and creamy, which matches the still cold weather; However it get’s us excited for the warm Spring weather ahead, with flavors of ripe tomatoes and basil.
This, folks, is probably going to be the easiest soup you’ve ever made, but don’t be fooled into thinking just because it’s a one pot wonder, that it lacks in flavor.
It’s a flavorful FAT BOMB in a soup!!
28 oz can of San Marzano whole tomatoes
1 brick of cream cheese (cut into cubes)
1 stick (1/2 cup) kerrygold butter
2 TBSP Gourmet Garden Basil Paste (vegetable section Wal-Mart)
salt and pepper for seasoning
Tomato Basil Whisps for serving
- Crush tomatoes by hand until very liquidy.
- Add together ALL INGREDIENTS, in a large saucepan.
- Over med/high heat, bring soup ingredients to a simmer, whilst stirring and combining well.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Parmesan if you wish.
- Serve topped with a couple of fresh basil leaves and some “Tomato Basil Whisps”; However any flavored Whisps work well with this soup.
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.