With the current Covid 19 situation across the world today, I couldn’t help but notice that I’m seeing a lot of people struggle to stand strong on their keto/low carb journey. We can become bored, frustrated and sometimes weak when it comes to saying no to “CARBAGE” foods and treats. But if there is ever a time we need to stay on our path of better living, better health and immune system building, it’s definitely NOW!!
So you may notice in the upcoming weeks, that we will be posting some Simple, Minimal Ingredient, but still very tasty recipes, that will help to get us all through these crazy and trying times.
This recipe is sure to put a smile on your face, and screams of Spring, Summer and Warm Sunny Days, which we all need right now!
It’s sweet, tart, fresh and can be used a bunch of different ways.
Best of all, it uses 4 ingredients, and takes around 15 minutes to make.
4 lemons (zest from 3 lemons, and juice from all 4)
4 eggs (3 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk) lightly whisked
1/4 cup stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
1 stick of butter (8TBSP) cold and cubed
- Place a glass mixing bowl over a double boiler filled with simmering water. DO NOT ALLOW WATER TO TOUCH THE BOTTOM OF GLASS BOWL.
- Place the lemon juice, lemon zest, sweetener and cubed butter into the glass mixing bowl.
- Whisk ingredients until butter is melted and ingredients are well combined.
- Pour in the eggs in a slow and steady stream, while continually whisking.
- After pouring in all of the eggs, continue softly whisking for approximately 7 to 10 minutes, or until your mixture coats the back of a spoon, and you can leave a finger mark on the spoon.
- As soon as you reach that consistency, immediately remove bowl from heat, or you will end up with lemony scrambled eggs.
- Ladle into your mason jars or containers, and refrigerate overnight for BEST RESULTS.
- Top with blueberries or whipped cream and enjoy!