This is more of an “IDEA”, per se, than a recipe.
A lot of people write in and ask us for more Breakfast options, because they are tired of the standard Bacon and Eggs, and some people also don’t want to go too Carb Heavy, to venture into Pancakes and Waffles.
So here is a happy medium to break it up a little.
If you live in the South, then you would surely have been treated to some DELICIOUS cornmeal crusted Fried Green Tomatoes with your Breakfast. Especially this time of year with the abundance of tomatoes in the garden, it’s a great way to use them up.
So what we have here is Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes with our standard bacon and eggs, but we also have served it with our very flavorful and refreshing Salsa to liven it up even more.
Breakfast doesn’t need to be hard or boring, sometimes you just need to think outside of the box to change it up a little. These little changes are what’s going to keep you on the straight and narrow, on your Keto/Low carb journey.
- Fresh green tomatoes
- parmesan cheese finely grated to a powder works best, use enough needed to coat tomatoes.
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- bacon grease, lard, manteca, beef tallow, use enough needed to shallow fry in a small/med non stick skillet.
- salt and pepper for seasoning, and any other secret spices you may like to use.
- side serve of our salsa recipe, and whatever other breakfast dish you decide you feel like.
- Set up dredging/breading station.
- In a large bowl, mix together the lightly beaten eggs and heavy whipping cream.
- In another large bowl, place your finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Dip each tomato slice (1 at a time) into the egg mixture, and then into the parmesan mixture, and set aside.
- Heat up oil of choice to 350F, in a small/medium non stick skillet.
- Place breaded tomatoes carefully into the oil (don’t overcrowd), and cook on each side until golden brown and delicious.
- Place the tomatoes on a paper towel lined plate and gently pat down any excess oil.
- ENJOY with our Salsa and your other Breakfast condiments!