Who doesn’t like a good Chocolate Truffle?
And at this time of year, I can’t stress enough how important it is to have some keto sweet treats on hand to help with those Holiday cravings.
Just because we are on keto, doesn’t mean we have to miss out…and let’s be honest, we are less likely to fall off the wagon if we have some delicious treats on hand.
The great thing about these Chocolate Truffles is that they literally take 20 minutes maximum of HANDS ON TIME! And you can flavor them to your liking, both on the inside and outside of the Truffle.
For this post we kept it SUPER SIMPLE, we flavored the chocolate with Shiraz, but you could use, peppermint, orange, Champagne; And for the outside we dusted it in cocoa powder, we find that the bitterness of the cocoa balances the super sweetness of the Truffle. But again flavor it to your liking, you could use, coconut, tempered chocolate for that nice glossy look, white chocolate (lily’s of course).
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 4oz. lily’s semi-sweet baking bars
- 1 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP swerve confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup shiraz
- 1/2 cup ghirardelli 100% unsweetened cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Smash the chocolate into small pieces still in the unopened package. I use a rolling pin to bash the package and then open up the package after for clean, easy transportation.
- Heat the cream and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to boil. Remove from heat. Add the chopped chocolate to the cream. Add the confectioners sweetener and any flavorings/alcohol now. Wait a minute or two until most of the chocolate has melted.
- Whisk the mixture until it’s thick and smooth, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl and incorporating all the cream and chocolate. The mixture should look smooth and glossy and chocolate pudding like.
- Once the mixture has set, scoop out small balls with a melon baller or small cookie scoop. Roll each one briefly in the palms of your hands to make the ball more uniform.
- Chill the truffles for about 15 minutes, then roll it into whatever mixture you want to coat it with.
- Store them at room temperature for up to a week, in the fridge for two to three weeks, or in the freezer for two months. They taste best eaten at room temperature.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- STAINLESS STEEL MIXING BOWLS
- OXO GOOD GRIPS SMALL COOKIE SCOOP
- PALAIS GLASS 6×6 GLASS DISH
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.