Cobbler Topping Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour – cannot use almond meal
- 3/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk substitute – see KITCHEN TIP below
- 1/2 cup of lard or butter (frozen) we prefer lard or manteca for this recipe
- 1/2 TBSP xanthan gum
- 1.5 TBSP Baking Powder – yes this is correct.
Cobbler Topping Instructions:
- Take Lard/Butter out of the freezer and grate on large holes of the grater. Put back into freezer until needed.
- Make buttermilk substitute(see KITCHEN TIP below)
- In a medium size mixing bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together. This makes for a very light/fluffy biscuit, it’s worth the extra step.
- Cut the lard/butter mixture into the dry mixture until incorporated. Do this step quickly as to not let the lard/butter start melting. You want it to keep cold.
- Add up to 3/4 cup(no more)of buttermilk substitute, a 1/2 a cup is usually sufficient. Mix together until you have a workable dough. The dough will be a little more moist than a bread dough. This is normal.
- Refrigerate until needed.
*** NOTE: That is 3/4 Cup Sour Cream ***
Mixed Berry Ingredients:
- 2 16oz packets of frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- handful of slivered almonds for topping with cobbler topping
Mixed Berry Instructions:
- Preheat Oven to 400F
- Add ALL INGREDIENTS except xanthan gum and slivered almonds to a medium sized saucepan, and heat over med/high heat until just starting to bubble. Stir using only a silicone spatula as to not break up the berries too much.
- Take off of heat and add xanthan gum. Stir well until xanthan gum is incorporated.
- Pour into a 1.5quart oven safe casserole/baking dish. Then top with 1/2 of the Cobbler Topping and slivered almonds.
(You can use the rest of the cobbler topping to make delicious sweet scones as pictured below)
- Place cobbler (and scones if you made them) in the oven for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, turn oven off and keep door cracked for 2 minutes. Take the cobbler out of the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
PRODUCTS WE USED:
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.