We’ve all been to them! Whether at a family or church function.
I have fond memories of scouting the table for what looked like the tastiest dish, and casseroles and bakes were always my favorite ones.
As you would know, these bakes and casseroles were always loaded with a ton of carbs. However in this delicious recipe, we’ve kept the stick to your ribs comfort and flavor, but ditched most of the carbs.
It works fantastic not only as a main dish, but you could also use it as a side dish along with a nice steak or even a roast.
- 1 rotisserie or roast chicken (shredded)
- 4 x 12oz bags frozen cauliflower (steamed)
- 1 pound block american cheese from the deli section (we use Land O Lakes) 1″ cubes
- 1 pound bacon (chopped)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese (sharp cheddar works well) for topping
- salt and pepper to taste. (probably only needs pepper)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté bacon over medium heat for about 2 minutes, then add the onion and cook until bacon has rendered and onions are translucent.
- Add the cubed American cheese, stir for around 30 seconds, then add your cream. Keep stirring until cheese has melted into the cream and it forms a sauce.
- Stir in your shredded chicken and then your cauliflower, making sure that everything is coated with your sauce.
- Pour into a glass baking dish, top with shredded cheese and place on middle rack of your oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Take out of oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- SERVE AND ENJOY!
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- T-FAL NONTICK 5qt JUMBO SAUTE PAN
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PYREX 13″ X 9″ BAKING DISH
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.