This is one of my “Go To” Weeknight Dinners.
It is so quick and easy to make, especially with a little help from a jar of Rao’s Alfredo Sauce.
Yes, yes I know it’s not a 100% keto product, but it’s about 95%, which is as close a you’re going to get from a jarred sauce. It’s predominantly pretty clean, it has a little corn starch listed as the 2nd to last ingredient, which is almost negligible in an entire meal; And again, if you choose to make your own Keto Alfredo sauce, then that is fine too.
However for Moms on the go, or people who have a heavy work schedule, Rao’s is a Godsend! Not to mention their Marinara Sauce is known as the tastiest and lowest carb store bought sauce also.
I’ve put the link for the Rao’s Sauces here, However I will be honest in saying that you can buy it cheaper at your grocery store; But for some of you who cannot get it at your store, you can click on the link provided.
So by now, you’ve probably heard that we are pretty well known for our keto rice recipes, and this Risotto recipe, I’m sure will follow right in their footsteps.
We’ve used onion, mushrooms, and asparagus in this version, because it’s hearty, but you also get a lot of freshness and crunch from the asparagus too.
I’m a sucker for Seared Sea Scallops to top of my Risotto’s, but our local store only had the smaller Bay Scallops in stock; But again, customize it to your own preference, grilled shrimp, chicken, “Make It Your Own”
- 2 12oz bags Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- 1 15oz jar Rao’s Alfredo Sauce
- 1 punnett baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 bushel fresh asparagus (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 onion (finely diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil for the pan
PREPARING THE RICE:
- Microwave the cauliflower rice for 10 mins. The rice should be tender, but not mushy.
- Place rice in some cheesecloth, twist and strain out as much of the liquid as possible. (This step removes a lot of the CAULIFLOWER TASTE)
- Set aside
SEARING THE SCALLOPS:
- Line a tray with paper towel, lay out the scallops into one layer. Dry the tops of the scallops with another paper towel.
Get them as dry as possible, this is important for a good fast sear.
- Salt and Pepper the Scallops right before you put them into the pan.
- Heat a medium or large skillet with a little drizzle of oil, and get it quite hot. Place the scallops in and sear on each side, until you have a nice little crust on the scallops.
***Do this in 2 batches if you need to as to stop the pan from getting overcrowded and in turn boiling the scallops instead of searing them***
- Once seared, set the scallops aside.
- Saute onions, mushrooms and asparagus in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, until the onions have turned translucent.
- Add in your cauliflower rice and stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Add in your Alfredo Sauce, stir to combine the ingredients and warm up the sauce.
- Serve into bowls and Top with Seared Scallops.
- ENJOY!! It’s that simple.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.