So last time we showed you our Memphis Style BBQ RUB, and today we are going to show you one our favorite ways of using it! My husband is OBSESSED with American Style Barbecue and smoking meat….Soooooo……We treated him to an early FATHERS DAY PRESENT!
It’s a Pit Boss Wood Pellet Smoker and it also has a Sear feature for grilling. As you can imagine, we have been using it everyday since he got it. Everything from Hotdogs to Ribs to Pulled Pork.
For KETO/CARNIVORE people, it’s probably the best investment we’ve purchased!
And NO…WE ARE NOT SPONSORED BY PIT BOSS!! We genuinely just love their product.
Here’s My Hubby’s Outdoor Oasis!!
So today we are going to be doing a recipe for Slow Smoked Pork Ribs. And the best thing about these ribs is that they are almost set and forget and you’ll be eating them in just a few hours. For those Barbecue Enthusiasts, YES THEY HAVE A GREAT SMOKE RING, and a nice Mahogany Colored bark, but are still JUICY INSIDE!
These are not sauced, as such, but are glazed with our Barbecue Sauce Recipe.
However if you are a drown them in sauce person….Go Right Ahead!!
- Pork Ribs – We used St. Louis Spare Ribs here, but Babybacks will still work.
- Our Memphis Style BBQ Rub Recipe
- Our Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 2 TBSP swerve brown sugar
- Take the little membrane (silverskin) off of the back of the ribs. This just makes it chewy and the rub doesn’t penetrate through it. Its easiest to get a dry paper towel and use it to grip the membrane to pull it off.
- Pat the ribs down dry with a paper towel. Flip the ribs bone side up, sprinkle generously with BBQ RUB, gently pat it. Flip the ribs meat side up, sprinkle with BBQ RUB and gently pat it.
- Let ribs sit for 30 mins to allow rub to start to penetrate. In the meantime, set your pellet smoker to 275F and allow it to come to temperature.
- Once smoker has reached temp, place the ribs MEAT SIDE UP and leave for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, the ribs should have a nice mahogany color and the rub should be set, so that nothing is coming off on your fingers. Take the ribs out.
- Set yourself out a large sheet of foil with the butter, swerve brown sugar and some of our BBQ SAUCE in a line about the height and width of the rib (see picture below). Place the ribs MEAT SIDE DOWN on to the glaze mixture and wrap the ribs tightly with foil.
- Put back on the smoker MEAT SIDE DOWN for about an hour or until a meat thermometer reads 202F inside the rib (make sure you thermometer hits the MEAT and NOT THE BONE. The bone reads much hotter and is not accurate).
- Unwrap and let sit for 15 minutes on a baking rack to let the meat rest.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- PIT BOSS WOOD PELLET SMOKER
- PIT BOSS HICKORY PELLETS
- THERMOPRO DIGITAL MEAT THERMOMETER
- COBANA GRILL GAZEBO
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- MAIRICO BRISKET KNIFE
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
4 thoughts on “Slow Smoked Pork Ribs”