Sometimes I find myself craving a Cinnabon Cinnamon roll with all the fixings. A warm gooey bun, with vanilla cream cheese frosting and some chopped pecans for crunch. Yum!!
But as we all know, we can’t have them. Yes, I’ve tried the fathead dough version of it, and…it’s just alright.
So every now and then Faith Rose loves to have pancakes on the weekend, so I thought, how about a Cinnamon Roll Pancake? And let me tell you, this turned out better than I had hoped. It definitely ticked all the boxes.
Now this is definitely something that you’re not going to want to eat all the time…Well…You may want to, but you most definitely shouldn’t. It’s one of those EAT RESPONSIBLY dishes. However it’s better than caving in and eating the real deal. You should get approx. 6 Pancakes out of this recipe. My husband and I shared the stack (3) on the cover photo and were completely satisfied.
If you want to get the most bang for your buck, try it as a waffle! Cook it in a mini waffle maker, and you’ll get more servings that way.
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 TBSP stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 TBSP water
- extra butter or coconut oil for nonstick skillet
- Chopped Pecans, Cream Cheese Frosting(RECIPE BELOW) and butter for topping.
- Put all ingredients except the butter and water into a blender.
- Slowly blend the ingredients, whilst pouring the melted butter into the blender, stopping the blender to scrape the ingredients down once in a while.
- After ingredients are well combined, add water a tablespoon at a time while stirring with a spatula, until you get a nice thick batter. More spoonable than pourable.
- Melt some butter or oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in about 1/3 cup of mixture per pancake. When the pancakes start to set around the edges, check the bottom for a nice golden color. (These will be slightly darker because of the cinnamon). Flip the pancakes and keep on for about another minute or bottoms are golden.
- Serve with butter, cream cheese frosting(RECIPE BELOW) and chopped pecans or it’s great with keto maple syrup too.
- Preheat mini waffle maker.
- Use 1/4 cup of the mixture for each waffle.
- Cook until both sides are golden.
- Top and serve as you would the pancakes.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix until ingredients all come together.
- I like to put it in the microwave in 20 second intervals until the frosting almost become a liquid.
- Pour into a little squeeze bottle for decorating the pancakes.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- INSTANT POT ACE COOKING BLENDER
- GREENPAN NONSTICK CERAMIC SKILLET
- NOSTALGIA MINI WAFFLE MAKER
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.