A Delicious, Refreshing snack to enjoy with your Coffee, Lemonade or Sweet Tea.
I used to love going to traditional Italian Coffee Bars where they would serve the nicest, citrusy cakes.
I noticed that most of their snacks and cakes all had one thing in common……Ricotta!!
It seems to be an ingredient that the Italians have used for hundreds of years to give their desserts both body and moisture; And seeing Keto cakes tend to be on the dry side, I thought to myself……WHY NOT TRY IT??
And I’m totally glad I did….Citrusy, Refreshing, Pound Cake…What’s not to love?
POUND CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (we use Redmonds sea salt)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 3 tsp lemon zest
POUND CAKE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a 9×5 inch loaf pan and line the bottom and sides with a strip of parchment paper.
- To a large mixing bowl add the butter, sweetener and ricotta cheese. Using a handheld mixer, beat the mixture on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Lower the speed to low setting and add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and beat to combine.
- Add the almond flour, protein powder, baking powder and salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold the ingredients together until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a baking rack to cool for 1 hour.
- Frost with lemon cream cheese frosting
LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 tsp Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix until ingredients all come together. If you need it slightly thinner, just put it into the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Poke holes in the cake with a skewer and spread frosting evenly onto the cake, working some of it down into the holes.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PYREX MIXNG BOWLS
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- FARBERWARE SILICONE MINI WHISK
- RACHEL RAY 9×5 CAKE PAN
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- LACED PLATE
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
4 thoughts on “Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake”
Hi, would love to try this recipe, can use xylitol as the sweetener and plain whey and just add vanilla flavouring?
These are what I have to hand and I use the most.
Yes, however you would need to use double the xylitol. And also yes to the plain whey protein powder. Add vanilla extract to your taste.
Made this cake and it was definitely a hit! Will be making it many more times. Thank you.
Glad you liked it!!