I whipped this up for my husband for brunch on Father’s Day, and let just say it quickly became one of his favorites.
He actually asked for me to add it to our weekly meal schedule, and I’m more than happy to do that, seeing this recipe is quick and easy to pull together.
Again, with all of our recipes, tailor this recipe to what you like…. Italian sausage and peppers maybe.
Use whatever cheese you like. In this recipe we used pepperjack, but gruyere would also work really well.
NOT A MUSHROOM LOVER…..no problems, just put all the ingredients into an oven safe soup bowl, top with cheese, and you have yourself a tasty Breakfast Skillet Bowl.
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 8 large eggs (whisked)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- Pepperjack cheese for topping
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add sausage to a large skillet over medium heat. Break the sausage up a little and then add all of your vegetables.
- Sauté ingredients until sausage is well cooked.
- Add whisked eggs and stir until eggs have scrambled and firmed up.
- Divide the ingredients into the 4 large mushrooms. Top with cheese and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with any keto approved condiment you like.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- T-FAL NONTICK 5qt JUMBO SAUTE PAN
- NORDIC WARE 1/2 SHEET BAKING PANS
- LE TAUCI SOUP BOWL
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.