If you haven’t noticed by my blog posts and COOKING KETO WITH FAITH FACEBOOK PAGE posts,
” I AM A COFFEE FANATIC!! ”
We have so many Coffee machines, Coffee related gadgets and gizmos, and Coffee signs around the house, it ain’t funny! I need help!!
But what I’ve been really missing with a coffee lately is a nice crisp, tasty, BISCOTTI.
So I just went into the kitchen and created a Keto Biscotti that is completely INDISTINGUISHABLE from the real thing!
COFFEE FANS…..YOU CAN THANK ME LATER!!
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup + 2 TBSP vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup + 1 TBSP stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt (we use Redmonds Real Sea Salt)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp anise/fennel seeds (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup slivered/sliced Almonds
- 3 eggs (cold)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the DRY INGREDIENTS and mix thoroughly.
- Add eggs and mix well incorporating the eggs into the mixture until you get a soft dough.
- Transfer dough to a 1/2 sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and shape until you have a rectangle that’s approximately 13 inches long, 4 inches wide and about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Place your biscotti dough on the middle lower half shelf of your oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until your biscotti log is lightly golden. It will have puffed up and spread out considerably.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer biscotti with parchment paper onto a cooling rack for another 5 mins. Then transfer it back to the sheet pan ready to cut.
- Cut the biscotti in half vertically down the center. Then cut across the biscotti in 1/2 inch slices. You should end up with approximately 22-24 individual biscotti.
- Arrange the biscotti CUT SIDE UP, then bake for 12 minutes or until biscotti are dry to the touch and a little golden.
FLIP the biscotti over and bake that side for anywhere between 8-10 minutes, until golden.
- Cool biscotti on cooling rack until room temperature. About 1 hour before serving.
- Keep in an airtight container.
Now…I like my plain, but my 8 year old Faith Rose, likes them chocolate dipped and drizzled on the top. This is an activity she loves to do herself. (RECIPE BELOW)
CHOCOLATE DIP INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup Lilys Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil (solid kind, not the liquid)
CHOCOLATE DIP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe shallow bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, then stir, until you have the consistency you want for dipping or drizzling.
- Dip or drizzle – or both like Faith Rose, the biscotti in the chocolate, then set chocolate side down onto a parchment lined tray. Leave to dry until chocolate is completely set.
- Now this recipe makes enough to coat about 1/2 of the biscotti. If you want them all dipped, then simply double the recipe.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PYREX MIXNG BOWLS
- NORDIC WARE 1/2 SHEET BAKING PANS
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
- LACED PLATE
- DOUBLE WALL INSULATED GLASS COFFEE CUPS
- METAL COFFEE WALL SIGN
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.