If you haven’t noticed by my blog posts and COOKING KETO WITH FAITH FACEBOOK PAGE posts,
” I AM A COFFEE FANATIC!! ”
We have so many Coffee machines, Coffee related gadgets and gizmos, and Coffee signs around the house, it ain’t funny! I need help!!
But what I’ve been really missing with a coffee lately is a nice crisp, tasty, BISCOTTI.
So I just went into the kitchen and created a Keto Biscotti that is completely INDISTINGUISHABLE from the real thing!
COFFEE FANS…..YOU CAN THANK ME LATER!!
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup + 2 TBSP vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup + 1 TBSP stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt (we use Redmonds Real Sea Salt)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp anise/fennel seeds (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup slivered/sliced Almonds
- 3 eggs (cold)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the DRY INGREDIENTS and mix thoroughly.
- Add eggs and mix well incorporating the eggs into the mixture until you get a soft dough.
- Transfer dough to a 1/2 sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and shape until you have a rectangle that’s approximately 13 inches long, 4 inches wide and about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Place your biscotti dough on the middle lower half shelf of your oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until your biscotti log is lightly golden. It will have puffed up and spread out considerably.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer biscotti with parchment paper onto a cooling rack for another 5 mins. Then transfer it back to the sheet pan ready to cut.
- Cut the biscotti in half vertically down the center. Then cut across the biscotti in 1/2 inch slices. You should end up with approximately 22-24 individual biscotti.
- Arrange the biscotti CUT SIDE UP, then bake for 12 minutes or until biscotti are dry to the touch and a little golden.
FLIP the biscotti over and bake that side for anywhere between 8-10 minutes, until golden.
- Cool biscotti on cooling rack until room temperature. About 1 hour before serving.
- Keep in an airtight container.
Now…I like my plain, but my 8 year old Faith Rose, likes them chocolate dipped and drizzled on the top. This is an activity she loves to do herself. (RECIPE BELOW)
CHOCOLATE DIP INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup Lilys Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil (solid kind, not the liquid)
CHOCOLATE DIP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe shallow bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, then stir, until you have the consistency you want for dipping or drizzling.
- Dip or drizzle – or both like Faith Rose, the biscotti in the chocolate, then set chocolate side down onto a parchment lined tray. Leave to dry until chocolate is completely set.
- Now this recipe makes enough to coat about 1/2 of the biscotti. If you want them all dipped, then simply double the recipe.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PYREX MIXNG BOWLS
- NORDIC WARE 1/2 SHEET BAKING PANS
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
- LACED PLATE
- DOUBLE WALL INSULATED GLASS COFFEE CUPS
- METAL COFFEE WALL SIGN
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
3 thoughts on “Biscotti”
This looks amazing! I have learnt so much at your blog and it is incredibly impressive. I have a feeling that my recipes will now subconsciously be inspired by yours…
Do check out my blog too! I would love to know your thoughts on it 🙂
Just made this and it is absolutely delicious. As always, thank you for your time and recipes!
Thank you so much for letting us know Julie.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it!!