These are the most decadent, rich, chocolatey, fudgy, brownies I’ve ever eaten!!
That includes non keto brownies too! They really are a Chocolate Lovers Brownie.
They basically have a built in portion control, by being so decadent and rich, you really only need 1 piece.
I like to serve mine with whipped cream, but keto ice cream would be great too!
Baking is an exact science, rather than a skill, so for the best brownies, try and stay as close to the recipe as possible. Using an instant read thermometer is going to yield better results than using the time method.
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 1/3 cups cocoa powder (we use Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1/2 cup Swerve brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp espresso powder (not essential, but gives great complexity)
- 1/4 tsp salt (we use Redmonds Real Sea Salt)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup Lilys dark chocolate baking chips
- 3 sticks of butter
- Set oven to 325F. Also set up your 9 x 13 aluminum sheet pan with aluminum foil. Fold strongly on each outside edge, so that the foil is strong enough to act as “Pull Out Handles“.
- Sift first 3 ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter is completely liquid, take off of heat and add the dark chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate has completely melted. The mixture will be very liquidy. Set Aside.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, add both sweeteners, espresso powder, salt and finally the eggs.
- Whip on medium/high (#8 on a Kitchen Aid) for approximately 8 – 10 mins or until the mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Add the Butter/Chocolate Liquid Mixture to the whipped egg mixture, and beat on LOW until well incorporated.
- Now add the Almond Flour, Protein Powder, Cocoa Powder Mixture to the rest, and beat on LOW until well incorporated. It should be a nice thick brownie batter.
- Take the bowl off the stand mixer and give it a few stirs with a spatula, just to thoroughly incorporate everything and scrape the sides of the bowl down.
- Pour batter into the aluminum pan and smooth the top. Place on middle shelf of the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
For absolute perfect brownies, check using an instant read thermometer in the middle of the brownies for a temperature of 205F. (Make sure the probe doesn’t hit the pan, or you will get a false reading)
Brownies should be still a little jiggly in the center.
- Take out of the oven. Carefully pull the brownies out by the aluminum foil handles you created. Let cool to room temperature on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, cut the brownies into 15 – 16 even pieces.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- KITCHEN AID PROFESSIONAL STAND MIXER
- WIRE FINE MESH STRAINER
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- CALPHALON MILK SAUCEPAN
- NORDIC WARE 1/2 SHEET BAKING PANS
- THERMOPRO DIGITAL MEAT THERMOMETER
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- WHITE RECTANGLE PLATE
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.