With Summer in full swing and basil in full bloom, we thought it only right to make Pesto.
And not just any old Pesto, the creamiest, fattiest Pesto you’ve ever tried.
We were aiming for the consistency and fattiness you get from a Pili nut, but at a quarter of the cost, so we decided to go half and half with the classic pine nut, but also the fattiness and richness of Macadamia nuts.
Again, with a lot of our recipes, especially ones with such few ingredients, it is important to get the freshest and best products you can afford on your budget, but the basil here will always be the star of the show!
It goes great on chicken, pork or fish, and also makes a great dip too!
- 3.5 cups of fresh basil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 TBSP fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 TBSP macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 TBSP pine nuts
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (roughly chopped)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender EXCEPT OLIVE OIL.
- Pulse on low and drizzle olive oil in slowly, until you have a chunky sauce consistency.
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy!!
PRODUCTS WE USE:
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
4 thoughts on “Pine Nut Macadamia Pesto”