Pronounced (sca-cha-ta ) is an Italian bread that means “Squashed”. It’s very similar in flavor and texture to a Focaccia, but is about half as thick.
Today we’ve kept ours simple, just topped with Rosemary and Sea Salt and then brushed with garlic butter while it’s still hot. However, like with a Focaccia it’s great with cherry or sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives, prosciutto, anything you like really….As with all of our recipes, “MAKE IT YOUR OWN“
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 tsp dried yeast (any kind, it’s just for flavor)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (we use Redmonds Real Sea Salt)
- 1.5 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella
- 1 oz cream cheese cut into 4 cubes
- 1 large egg (lightly whisked)
- Fresh Rosemary (For Topping)
- 1/2 TBSP Coarse Sea Salt (For Topping)
- Olive Oil for brushing the pan and bread
- Garlic Butter for brushing after it’s cooked (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Moderately oil your sheet pan.
- Add first 5 INGREDIENTS to a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, add together your Mozzarella Cheese and cream cheese.
Place in the microwave for 40 seconds, take out, give it a mix and then put it back in for 30 more seconds.
By this time your cheese mixture should be quite loose and melted.
- Add the dry mixture and the beaten egg to the cheese mixture, stir until fairly well combined and then use your hands to knead the dough into a nice dough.
- Put the dough onto the oiled pan and spread it out into a uniform rectangle shape. Using your finger tips, press little dimples into the sciachiatta.
- Brush the top with more olive oil, then sprinkle with rosemary and coarse sea salt evenly. Gently give it a pat to make sure the rosemary and salt sticks to the dough.
- Place in the oven for 16 Minutes.
- After it’s finished cooking, use a spatula to lift it from the tray and onto a cooling rack. Brush the top with garlic butter.
Let it sit for 15 minutes, then cut and serve.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- NORDIC WARE 1/2 SHEET BAKING PANS
- SILICONE BASTING BRUSH
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- FARBERWARE SILICONE MINI WHISK
- PYREX MIXNG BOWLS
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- KITCHEN AID PIZZA CUTTER
- WHITE RECTANGLE PLATE
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.