This Key Lime Curd Pie is just the thing to end this Summer with a bang!!!
We used bottled key lime juice in this recipe and the zest from regular limes, as key limes were not in stock this whole season.
Stay tuned for BIG THINGS THIS FALL Y’ALL!!
- 1 x Key Lime Curd Recipe (Below)
- 1 x Pie Crust Recipe (Below)
- 1 x Whipped Cream Topping Recipe (Below)
- 1 x Folded Whipped Cream Recipe (Below)
KEY LIME CURD INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 4 regular limes (zest only) (reserve some for garnish)
- 4 eggs (3 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk) lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1 stick of butter (8TBSP) cold and cubed
KEY LIME CURD INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place a glass mixing bowl over a double boiler filled with simmering water. DO NOT ALLOW WATER TO TOUCH THE BOTTOM OF GLASS BOWL.
- Place the key lime juice, lime zest, sweetener and cubed butter into the glass mixing bowl.
- Whisk ingredients until butter is melted and ingredients are well combined.
- Pour in the eggs in a slow and steady stream, while continually whisking.
- After pouring in all of the eggs, continue softly whisking for approximately 7 to 10 minutes, or until your mixture coats the back of a spoon, and you can leave a finger mark on the spoon.
- As soon as you reach that consistency, immediately remove bowl from heat, or you will end up with lemony scrambled eggs.
- Refrigerate until set up and ready to use. About 3 hrs should be sufficient.
PIE CRUST INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 Cup almond flour
- 3/4 Cup coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
PIE CRUST INSTRUCTIONS
- Pre Heat oven to 350F
- Add all the base ingredients into a bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and mix together in a bowl.
- In a pie plate, press the base mixture into the bottom of the bowl to form a pie crust.
- Place the crust in the oven for 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Once cooked take out of oven and set aside to cool down.
FOLDED WHIPPED CREAM INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
FOLDED WHIPPED CREAM INSTRUCTIONS:
- Make Folded Whipped Cream by pouring 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, into a medium mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPPING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Make Whipped Cream Topping, by pouring 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, sweetener and vanilla extract into a medium mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
ASSEMBLING THE LEMON CURD PIE:
- Gently FOLD the Folded Whipping Cream into the Key Lime Curd using a silicone spatula . Do this in 2 stages, 1 half first, until completely incorporated, then add the 2nd half of the cream.
- Once fully incorporated, pour the Key Lime Curd Filling into the cooled pie crust and smooth out evenly.
- Top the pie with the Whipped Cream Topping. Be as decorative as you like at this stage.
- Place into the refrigerator for all the ingredients to set up fully, preferably overnight, but 4-6 Hrs would probably be sufficient. (I KNOW….. THE WAIT IS THE HARDEST PART!)
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- FARBERWARE SILICONE MINI WHISK
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- PYREX PIE DISH
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.