For all you busy Moms and Dads out there….We Hear You!!
Summer is coming to an end and Fall is on it’s way.
Your busy taking the kids to Sport and trying to get them prepped and ready to go back to school.
Here is one of the simplest, yet tasty recipes we’ve added to our blog so far!
Ready in UNDER AN HOUR, and only 5 MINUTES of that is HANDS ON!!
Because this is done in an Instant Pot, it doesn’t quite hit the heights of slow cooking it and getting all that meaty flavor. However there is a shortcut!! I’ve already used it a number of times in my recipes, and we always get a few eyebrows popping up, but when people decide to trust us and go with it anyway, we always get huge responses on how they were sceptical at first, but now it’s changed their lives!…..
YUP….That old FISH SAUCE again!!
Trust me folks….You CANNOT TASTE IT, but what it delivers is a huge WHACK of UMAMI/MEATY flavor without having to cook it all day.
- 6 cloves garlic (mined)
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 1 12oz. jar banana peppers + juice
- 2 TBSP worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP Swerve brown sweetener
- 1 TBSP fish sauce
- 1 TBSP dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3.5 pounds boneless chuck roast (cut into 4 chunks)
- 4 TBSP manteca/lard or bacon grease
- 1 small onion (finely sliced)
- Sliced Provolone cheese for serving.
- Add the first 8 ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir well. This will be your Au Jus Base. Set Aside.
- Set your Instant pot on the SAUTE setting, add your oil/fat. Now add your sliced onions and saute until onions are softened and translucent. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add your 4 chunks of beef on top of the onions, followed by the Au Jus Base. Give it a good stir to incorporate.
- Put the lid onto Instant Pot, and set to the MEAT SETTING or HIGH PRESSURE COOK for 50 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, turn off the Instant Pot. Perform a Quick Release. Once the steam valve drops it’s safe to open the lid.
- Use tongs or forks to shred the beef into the juices, then salt and pepper to taste. However I found that if I use the standard beef broth and not Unsalted, it is already seasoned enough.
- Serve in a bowl with some Au jus and top with Provolone Cheese!
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- FARBERWARE SILICONE MINI WHISK
- INSTANT POT DUO
- GOURMET ART CRACKLE SERVING BOWL
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.