If you’re anything like me, the Fall weather has me craving delicious baked goods with my coffee in the morning.
“I JUST HAD TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS DILEMMA!!“
These are even perfect without the cream cheese frosting, and I can promise you that know one will even guess they are keto if you don’t say anything.
PUMPKIN WALNUT MUFFINS DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1.25 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp Redmonds Real Salt
PUMPKIN WALNUT MUFFINS WET INGREDIENTS:
- 1.5 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup Swerve Brown Sweetener
- 1/4 cup stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1/4 unflavored vanilla almond milk(room temperature)
- 2 Large eggs(room temperature)
PUMPKIN WALNUT MUFFINS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350F and Spray Muffin pans with coconut oil or line with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all of the DRY INGREDIENTS together until well combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk all of the WET INGREDIENTS together until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then fold everything together gently until combined and no flour pockets remain.
- Scoop the batter into the liners until 3/4 full. (Approx. Just over 1/4 cup per muffin). Should make 15 to 16 Muffins.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove onto a wire rack and allow to fully cool if frosting.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 stick softened butter (4oz)
- 1/2 pack softened cream cheese (4oz)
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Bring the butter and cream cheese to room temperature so that they are soft. Cream together using an electric mixer.
- Gradually sift in 1 cup of powdered sugar, while beating with an electric hand mixer. Beat for 5 minutes, or until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla extract and lemon juice and beat until incorporated.
- Frost the Muffins.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- 8″ WIRE BALLOON WHISK
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- 24 PIECE NONSTICK MUFFIN PAN
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- LACED PLATE
- FALL COLOR MUFFIN DISPLAY STAND
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
3 thoughts on “Pumpkin Walnut Muffins”
What are the macros for this recipe?
Can you substitute egg white protein powder for the whey?
I haven’t tried it, but I definitely can’t see why not!