This is a classic Italian Dish that can be made with beef, chicken, pork, or veal; So it’s versatile, and it’s one that the whole family will enjoy! You can also flavor the gravy however you like, if you want a punchier flavor, use rosemary instead of thyme….Make it your own!!
We also have a great recipe for Chicken Schnitzel With Lemon And Dill Sauce, which is a German version of the same type of thing.
Again, make OUR RECIPES, YOUR OWN!! Nothing makes us happier than getting “COMMENTS” from you guys on how you’ve changed things up.
BEEF MILANESE INGREDIENTS:
- 4 thin top round steaks
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese (powdered kind works best)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- oil/lard/manteca for shallow frying
BEEF MILANESE INSTRUCTIONS:
Make yourself a “Breading Station” (see picture below) using 3 containers and a large plate. 1 container for the UN-breaded chicken fillets, 1 for the egg wash, 1 for the Parmesan, and the large plate for the breaded chicken. Put them all in a row, for a quick clean preparation.
- Whisk the eggs and heavy whipping cream into a container until well combined.
- Dip the beef cutlets into the egg wash, then into the Parmesan, until beef is well coated.
- Place breaded cutlets into refrigerator for 30 mins, this helps the breading to stay onto the beef.
- After 30 mins in the refrigerator, heat oil over MED/HIGH heat in a Large skillet. Shallow fry the beef cutlets until golden brown; Because the cutlets are thin, they will be fully cooked by the time they have browned on both sides.
A FEW KITCHEN TIPS BEFORE WE MOVE ON
- Don’t overcrowd the pan with too many beef cutlets, or it won’t cook even and crispy.
- A fork is the best utensil in the kitchen for flipping the cutlets without the breading falling off.
- The beef cutlet is ready to flip when it releases itself from the pan. If it’s sticking, it usually ain’t ready to flip, unless, you have a very old scratched up pan.
- Trying to turn the beef cutlet before it releases can result in the beef losing all its breading.
MUSHROOM & THYME GRAVY INGREDIENTS:
- 1 14.5oz can beef bone broth (don’t use low sodium)
- 1 8oz punnet of baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme (leaves picked off the stem)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Salt + Pepper to taste
MUSHROOM & THYME GRAVY INSTRUCTIONS:
- Heat oil over medium heat in medium saucepan or skillet.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are starting to soften.
- Add garlic and thyme and sauté until mushrooms are cooked to YOUR desired doneness.
- Add in the beef broth and bring to a simmer. At this time you want to taste the gravy for seasoning and add salt and pepper to your taste. (I found that I didn’t need any extra salt).
- Once lightly simmering gradually sprinkle in the xanthan gum whilst continuously whisking. Allow it to simmer until gravy is as thick as you like it.
- Ladle gravy over the top of the cutlets and serve as is or with any of our fantastic side dishes.
SIDE DISH SUGGESTIONS
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- T-FAL NONTICK 5QT JUMBO SAUTE PAN
- CALPHALON CLASSIC 2.5QT SAUCE PAN
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- STAINLESS STEEL KITCHEN UTENSILS
- GOURMET ART CRACKLE SERVING BOWL
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.