Well this warm weather is just not letting up!
However we decided to make the most of it and continue to use our pellet smoker.
So this recipe is the BEST OF BOTH SUMMER AND FALL!
You have the nice smoky flavor from the grill/smoker and you have the rich comforting gravy made with onions and mushrooms, more associated with fall.
What more could you ask for??
- 4 boneless loin pork chops
- Keto Approved Seasoning
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 punnett of sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 14.5oz can chicken bone broth
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/4tsp to 1/2tsp xanthan gum
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat smoker to 225F.
- Season pork chops front and back with Keto Approved seasoning. (Salt+Pepper is also fine)
- Place the chops on the smoker, close the lid, and cook until the internal temperature of the chops reads 145F. This process can take anywhere from 30-60 minutes, depending on how thick your pork chops are.
- Remove the pork chops from the smoker. Place on a plate and tent with foil. Allow to rest until the gravy is ready.
- For the gravy, melt butter in a large non stick skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions, and sauté until onions and mushrooms are a little caramelized, but still have some bite.
- Add in the chicken broth, bring to a low boil, taste for seasoning, then sprinkle the xanthan gum whilst rapidly stirring to get desired thickness.
- Place a slice of provolone cheese on each pork chop, then smother with gravy.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- PIT BOSS WOOD PELLET SMOKER
- PIT BOSS HICKORY PELLETS
- THERMOPRO DIGITAL MEAT THERMOMETER
- T-FAL NONTICK 5QT JUMBO SAUTE PAN
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.