Well Finally we’ve had what I would consider temperature wise, our FIRST REAL FALL DAY!!
The temperature finally slipped into the low 60’s and had me immediately craving something warm and comforting.
Everyone probably has their own recipe for Taco Soup especially Pre-Keto. Some people use corn, some people use black beans and some more recent versions even use a packet of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Seasoning. Well as you know, we can’t use the last 3 ingredients I mentioned, but there are ways around everything.
We found that we were able to still get that same texture that you get from corn and beans by adding chopped up olives, and keeping the vegetables we did use a little more chunky. We also added some cream cheese for some richness and thickness in the soup, which mimicked the Buttermilk Ranch Seasoning.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 poblano pepper (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 batch of OUR TACO SEASONING
- 1 can Fire Roasted ROTEL tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 cups beef bone broth
- 1 8oz block cream cheese (cubed)
- Sliced Black Olives
- Green Onion/Scallions
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat a large soup pot over medium/high heat.
- Add in your ground beef and vegetables, you should already hear it start to sizzle. You can add oil, however we found the ground beef added plenty of it’s own fat for sautéing the vegetables.
- After the meat has browned and the vegetables have softened, add in our Taco Seasoning and stir to incorporate well.
- Add in the Rotel, stir, then add in the beef broth.
- Bring to a low boil, then add in your cream cheese. Stir to fully incorporate.
- Serve and garnish with your favorite toppings.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- FARBERWARE 10.5 QUART NONSTICK POT
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.