Instant Pot Vietnamese Chicken Pho
All the flavor in only half the time!!
Because the ingredients are so simple, use the FRESHEST AND BEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS that you can AFFORD!
Things like a good quality bone broth, super fresh herbs and a great quality fish sauce is paramount for the best flavor in this Pho!!
Don’t over complicate it, just use the best and freshest ingredients and follow the instructions “Pho Maximum Results”
Sorry, I couldn’t refuse the pun!!
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 8 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/3 cup fish sauce (as good quality as you can afford)
- 2 onions (peeled and cut in halves)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 1 knob of ginger (thinly sliced)
- 3 star anise pods (can go 1 or 2 more if you like the flavor)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 TBSP SWERVE Brown Sweetener
- 1 tsp whole fennel seed
- 1 tsp whole coriander seed
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 Pouches (1 box) Liviva Spaghetti
- 2 Soft boiled eggs (peeled and cut in half)
- Fresh Mint
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Basil/Thai Basil
- Fresh bean Sprouts/Mung Beans
- Thinly sliced onion
- Scallions/Green Onions (sliced)
- Limes (cut into wedges)
- Thai Red Chillies (sliced)
- Turn Instant Pot onto SEAR setting. Add oil, halved onions and ginger, cut side down until onion and ginger are well charred, about 5 minutes.
- Add ALL OF THE OTHER INGREDENTS, into the Instant Pot, close lid and set the nozzle to SEALING. Then set Instant Pot to MEAT/STEW or HIGH for 30 minutes.
- After 30 Minutes, Quick Release the Instant Pot. After it has fully released, open the lid, take out the chicken and set the chicken aside to shred/pull as soon as it’s cool enough to handle.
- Pour broth through a fine mesh strainer into a clean pot and discard solids. Skim any scum off the surface of the broth using a ladle. Taste the broth for seasoning. Set Aside.
- Rinse noodles under cold water for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Heat a medium sized non stick skillet over medium heat, add noodles and stir continuously until noodles start to make a squeaking sound. Set Aside.
ASSEMBLING THE PHO:
- Add a serve of noodles to the bottom of a soup bowl.
- Add shredded chicken, sliced onions and green onions on top of the noodles.
- Ladle in the Pho broth. Serve immediately garnishing with any (or all) of the OTHER INGREDIENTS listed above.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- INSTANT POT DUO
- SPIDER UNTENSIL
- WIRE FINE MESH STRAINER
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- GREENPAN NONSTICK CERAMIC SKILLET
- RAMEN BOWLS WITH CHOPSTICKS
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.