This Caramel Apple Sauce is a Holiday staple in our house!!
We drizzle it on top of whipped cream or Keto Ice Cream, we use it in our Caramel Apple Bark recipe, coat the inside of a glass when you’re making a frappe, drizzle it on top of a cake for some extra wow factor!!
And the best part is….it doesn’t crystalize and it stays pourable!!
Follow these easy instructions below, along with our Step By Step Photos for a visual guide and you can’t go wrong!!
- 1 cup allulose
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 TBSP butter (cold and cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tsp apple extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Redmonds Real Salt
- In a small saucepan add the water and allulose and whisk together until the water has absorbed the sweetener and has a “donut glaze” consistency.
- Place the saucepan on medium heat and bring to a slow simmer, making sure to whisk it once in a while.
- Once the liquid starts to slowly bubble you can stop stirring and allow to keep heating up until the liquid has a light gold/amber look to it, or it reaches 300F with either an instant read thermometer or a candy thermometer. (This will take some patience and very regular checking on the temperature. If you take it too far, it will start to have a burnt taste)
- Once it reaches 300F, turn off the heat and add the cold butter, being sure to stir it in. You will notice that the sauce starts to foam, and gets darker in color. This is normal.
- Add the vanilla extract, apple extract and salt. Whisk it in to disperse evenly.
- Pour in your heavy whipping cream and whisk vigorously. Allow the caramel sauce to cool for 15 minutes then pour into a mason jar or heat proof container.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours before using, to allow the caramel to thicken up to proper consistency.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- CALPHALON MILK SAUCEPAN
- FARBERWARE SILICONE MINI WHISK
- THERMOPRO DIGITAL MEAT THERMOMETER
- MASON JAR 12 oz
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.