This is the Brownie from your childhood, Fudgy and Chocolatey, and the one that my daughter Faith prefers the most!!
I used dutch processed 100% cocoa powder for this recipe because I just find it a lot more chocolatey than regular cocoa powder.
We’ve also added in some chopped walnuts for texture, and you can feel free to swap out the walnuts for Chocolate Chips too!!
Baking is an exact science, rather than a skill, so for the best brownies, try and stay as close to the recipe as possible.
Keep in mind that every oven is a little different, so a little baby sitting is involved for the last 10 minutes of the recipe.
Brownies have a tendency of going from fudgy to cakey in a matter of a couple of minutes! Either way, they still taste delicious.
I’ve used an 12 x 8 brownie tray for this recipe, and it yielded 18 brownies. But you can also do this in an 8 x 8 pan too.
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 3 TBSP vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 TBSP coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 large eggs (room temp)
- 2/3 cup sweetener (I’m loving this Splenda Magic Baker Blend)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup water (for thinning batter if necessary)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or keto approved chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F.
- ** IMPORTANT STEP FOR TEXTURE **
Place all of the dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse to incorporate well. Be sure to give it a scrape once or twice to bring up the ingredients on the bottom that haven’t fully combined. Set Aside.
- Add all of the wet ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix on med/high speed with an electric hand mixer. Mix for 3 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in all of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and fold through thoroughly to incorporate. (I use a silicone spatula)
- Add in your mix ins and stir to distribute well.
- At this time check the consistency of the batter, it should be the texture of regular brownie batter. If it is too thick, slowly add in enough water to reach desired texture.
- Pour your batter into prepared Brownie tray, smooth out and place on the middle shelf of your preheated oven for anywhere between 14 to 18 minutes. Fudgy Brownies are ready when the edges are set, but a skewer placed in the center pulls out mostly clean but a little brownie stuck to it. Add another couple of minutes in the oven if you want Cakey Brownies.
- Once ready, take out of the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes before eating.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- HAMLTON BEACH FOOD PROCESSOR
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- 12×8 BROWNIE PAN
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.