Egg Drop Soup is a classic staple at nearly every Chinese Restaurant around the world, and is one we get asked to re-create quite often. It’s actual real translation is “Egg Flower Soup” and that’s because of the wonderful silky strands of egg resemble a flower.
This soup is so comforting in the colder weather, and definitely gives you the sense of “Wellness” if you drink it while you may be feeling a bit under the weather.. Not to mention it’s dead simple to make!!
As with all things simple, it’s best to use the best quality and freshest ingredients that “you can afford” for best results.
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 5 scallions (bruised with butt of knife)
- 2 medium slices of ginger (see photo below)
- 1.5 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 6 eggs whisked with 2 TBSP of water
- chopped scallions for garnish
- Add the first seven ingredients to a large pot over med/high heat, bring to a boil, then immediately turn down to a simmer for 20 minutes. This allows you to get a full flavored soup base.
- After 20 minutes, discard the ginger and scallions.
- Very slowly start to drizzle in your whisked egg and water mixture into the soup. Wait about 20 seconds until the egg starts to set up and then gently break it up with a ladle or chopsticks, until you have beautiful ribbons of egg strands.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- FARBERWARE SILICONE MINI WHISK
- GREENPOT 5QT NONSTICK CASSEROLE/STOCKPOT
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- RAMEN BOWLS WITH CHOPSTICKS
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
One thought on “Chinese Egg Drop Soup”