I Made this cake for a special little boys Birthday, and it was a huge success.
As many of you already know, I work for Dr. Ken Berry and his wife Neisha, from Neisha loves It , and was asked to make a Birthday Cake for “Lil B’s” 2nd birthday; This was no easy feat, as there were many NON KETO guests. After many failed attempts, I believe this cake TRULY ticks all the boxes. This is a tasty and impressive cake for any party!!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1.5 TBSP baking powder
- 1.5 tsp xanthan gum
- ¾ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (room temp)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 8 large eggs (room temp)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease up your three 9” cake pans or you could also line them with parchment paper.
- To a food processor or blender, add in all of your dry ingredients, except the sweetener, and blend until fine and well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sweetener and beat on medium for 5 minutes, or until it starts to look light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, adding one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add in your vanilla extract, beat for 30 seconds.
- Add in flour mixture in 2 batches.
- Now add in your unsweetened almond milk. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour out cake batter evenly between the 3 greased cake pans. Smooth out the top and give each cake pan a tap on the counter to knock out any air pockets.
- Place on middle shelf of the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly golden on the top. If you can’t fit all on one shelf, be sure to rotate half way through.
- Let cakes cool for 20 minutes and then gently turn them out onto a cooling rack until fully cooled. The side turned out will be your top side.
- Put your first cake layer onto a cake board or decorating stand, add a layer of frosting, then do the same with your second and third cake layers.
- Finally frost the whole cake, smooth out and add any keto approved toppings that you like to decorate.
- 3 bricks cream cheese (softened)
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2 cups swerve confectioners sweetener
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the heavy whipping cream, into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Using a hand blender, beat all of the ingredients together until they are mostly incorporated.
- While still beating, start adding your heavy whipping cream 2 TBSP at a time until you get desired consistency.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- HAMLTON BEACH FOOD PROCESSOR
- KITCHEN AID PROFESSIONAL STAND MIXER
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- WILTON ALUMINUM 9″ ROUND CAKE TIN
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.