I Made this cake for a special little boys Birthday, and it was a huge success.
As many of you already know, I work for Dr. Ken Berry and his wife Neisha, from Neisha loves It , and was asked to make a Birthday Cake for “Lil B’s” 2nd birthday; This was no easy feat, as there were many NON KETO guests. After many failed attempts, I believe this cake TRULY ticks all the boxes. This is a tasty and impressive cake for any party!!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1.5 TBSP baking powder
- 1.5 tsp xanthan gum
- ¾ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (room temp)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 8 large eggs (room temp)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease up your three 9” cake pans or you could also line them with parchment paper.
- To a food processor or blender, add in all of your dry ingredients, except the sweetener, and blend until fine and well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sweetener and beat on medium for 5 minutes, or until it starts to look light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, adding one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add in your vanilla extract, beat for 30 seconds.
- Add in flour mixture in 2 batches.
- Now add in your unsweetened almond milk. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour out cake batter evenly between the 3 greased cake pans. Smooth out the top and give each cake pan a tap on the counter to knock out any air pockets.
- Place on middle shelf of the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly golden on the top. If you can’t fit all on one shelf, be sure to rotate half way through.
- Let cakes cool for 20 minutes and then gently turn them out onto a cooling rack until fully cooled. The side turned out will be your top side.
- Put your first cake layer onto a cake board or decorating stand, add a layer of frosting, then do the same with your second and third cake layers.
- Finally frost the whole cake, smooth out and add any keto approved toppings that you like to decorate.
- 3 bricks cream cheese (softened)
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2 cups swerve confectioners sweetener
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the heavy whipping cream, into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Using a hand blender, beat all of the ingredients together until they are mostly incorporated.
- While still beating, start adding your heavy whipping cream 2 TBSP at a time until you get desired consistency.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- HAMLTON BEACH FOOD PROCESSOR
- KITCHEN AID PROFESSIONAL STAND MIXER
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- WILTON ALUMINUM 9″ ROUND CAKE TIN
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
11 thoughts on “Lil B’s Birthday Cake”
Thank you Meli. It tastes better than it looks!
Have you ever made the dry ingredients as a base for a mug cake?
No we actually haven’t yet, but that’s a great idea.
How do you print the receipe? I don’t see the print button. Thank you
Unfortunately at the moment we do not have that function on the page, but we are working on it.
This sounds delicious! Question…I have a huge container of unflavored whey protein powder. Do you think I could use that and add more vanilla extract? If so, how much more should I add? I’ll buy a vanilla flavored powder if you think I need to. 😊 Thanks! I love your recipes!
Generally 1 tsp per recipe is enough. Definitely no need to go and buy the flavored.
Awesome! Thank you for your reply!