My Australian husband was feeling a little homesick for one of his favorite snacks in Australia…..
WHAT IS A LAMINGTON? A lamington is an Australian cake made from squares of butter cake or sponge cake coated in an outer layer of chocolate sauce and rolled in shredded coconut. The thin mixture is absorbed into the outside of the sponge cake and left to set, giving the cake a distinctive texture.
Most Lamington’s have a layer of strawberry or raspberry jam in the middle.
So I decided to surprise him with a cake version of the Lamington…..After he tasted it, he said that it was the BEST CAKE, not just BEST KETO CAKE…..But the, BEST CAKE, he’s ever tasted!!
I will say, the crumb on this cake is terrific, you honestly would never know that it was a Keto cake.
It literally is that good. Like with all of my cakes, I prefer them after they’ve chilled in the fridge for an hour.
For the cake, use our BASIC CAKE RECIPE.
RASPBERRY FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups fresh/frozen raspberries
- 2 8oz. packs cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1.5 TBSP stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
RASPBERRY FILLING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Use a food processor or blender to blend up 1 cup of the raspberries.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, sweetener and both the raspberries and pureed raspberries.
- Beat the ingredients together, using a hand mixer, until you get a smooth filling.
CHOCOLATE FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
- 2 8oz packs cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1.5 cups Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (we use Ghirardelli)
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt (we use Redmonds Real Sea Salt)
CHOCOLATE FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the heavy whipping cream, into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Using a hand blender, beat all of the ingredients together until they are mostly incorporated.
- While still beating, start adding your heavy whipping cream 2 TBSP at a time until you get desired consistency.
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut for decorating.
ASSEMBLING THE CAKE:
- Put your first cake layer onto a cake board or decorating stand, add a layer of the Raspberry Filling, then do the same with your second layer.
- Add on your last layer of cake and then frost the whole cake with the Chocolate Frosting.
- Add shredded coconut to the top and sides of the cake, gently pressing into the chocolate frosting. You only want a thin layer of coconut so the chocolate frosting is still very visible.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- HAMLTON BEACH FOOD PROCESSOR
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- WILTON ALUMINUM 9″ ROUND CAKE TIN
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.