I absolutely adore coleslaw!!
All types!!….. Vinegar based, Mayonnaise based. I just think it goes well with nearly any main dish, especially in the warmer weather. I could even sit myself down to a bowl and have it as a meal somedays.
I do already have a coleslaw recipe up that we like to use for our barbecued and grilled meats. It’s definitely more vinegar based than this recipe. You can click the link for that HERE.
This recipe is somewhat, NOSTALGIC for me, it’s the coleslaw that I first fell in love with, when we’d go for Sunday Lunch and pick up some KFC Chicken and Coleslaw. Sweet, Tangy and Creamy.
There’s two main secrets to getting this to taste like The Colonels Coleslaw.
- Chop up the cabbage fine in a food processor
- If you have it, use Tarragon Vinegar. It just gives it that same flavor. If not, white vinegar is fine.
You may notice little pieces of carrot in the photos. We usually shred our own cabbage, but this was made just after St. Patrick’s Day, and our local grocery store was clean out of cabbages. So we had to opt for the coleslaw trio mix. However, the carrot in it was quite negligible.
- 16 oz. bag of coleslaw or 1 medium sized cabbage shredded.
- 1/2 cup keto approved mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream (thinned with 2 TBSP of water)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 TBSP stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 2 TBSP tarragon vinegar (white vinegar is also fine)
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt (we use Redmonds Real Salt)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Pulse the coleslaw in a food processor until it is the size of rice grains, and empty into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Evenly pour the liquid mixture onto the coleslaw and toss through until the coleslaw is well coated.
- Set aside in the refrigerator for at least 2hrs for the flavors to marry.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- HAMLTON BEACH FOOD PROCESSOR
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- FARBERWARE SILICONE MINI WHISK
- PYREX MIXNG BOWLS
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.