- 1 batch of my basic cake recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Evenly distribute the cake batter into the 24 count muffin tin. (we also used foil cupcake liners).
- Place on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting with Cannoli Cream.
CANNOLI CREAM INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- crushed pistachios (for topping)
- chocolate chips (for topping)
CANNOLI CREAM INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add the ricotta and mascarpone cheeses to a medium sized mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer on medium, until the cheeses are well combined. Approx 1 minute.
- Add in the sweetener and continue to beat on medium, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Approx 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your vanilla extract and cinnamon. Beat until well combined.
- Refrigerate if not using immediately.
CANNOLI CUPCAKE ASSEMBLY:
- After the cupcakes have fully cooled, add the Cannoli Cream to a piping bag and frost the cupcakes.
- Top with chocolate chips and crushed pistachio nuts.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- HAMILTON BEACH FOOD PROCESSOR
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- 24 PIECE NONSTICK MUFFIN PAN
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.