This Roasted Red Pepper Bisque quickly became one of our household favorites.
It can easily be served as a main for lunch or with a side salad for dinner.
The roasted red peppers, lend a smoky sweetness to this velvety bisque, and the Cajun grilled shrimp, add some texture and just a hint of heat. We went very mild on the heat, but by all means, if you like some kick, add more Cajun seasoning to the soup.
And by all means, cook yourself some extra grilled shrimp, because they could be a meal all on their own!!
ROASTED RED PEPPER BISQUE INGREDIENTS:
- 6 large red bell peppers (capsicum)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBSP Cajun seasoning (we use Slap Ya Mama)
- Butter or Olive oil for Sautéing onions and garlic
ROASTED RED PEPPER BISQUE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Roast peppers on a grill, broiler or oven until the skins are charred (see picture below)
We used our Pit Boss Wood Pellet Grill.
- After they are roasted, place them in a sealed Tupperware container for 20 minutes, where the peppers can steam to make their skins soft.
- After the 20 minutes, peel as much of the black skin off as you can. They should slide off pretty easily.
- Core and deseed the peppers. Set Aside.
- Add butter or oil to a medium sized pot, and sauté onions and garlic until they have become soft and slightly golden.
- Add the peppers (and whatever oil they have released), onions/garlic and chicken broth to a blender or Vitamix and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the same pot that you sautéed the onions, and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the Cajun seasoning, stir, then add in the heavy cream and stir again to incorporate.
- To serve, pour bisque into a soup bowl and top with the Grilled Cajun Shrimp (recipe below).
GRILLED CAJUN SHRIMP INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound XL raw shrimp (or as many as you like)
- Cajun Seasoning (we use Slap Ya Mama)
GRILLED CAJUN SHRIMP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Season your shrimp with the Cajun seasoning, mix with your hands to ensure that the seasoning is coating the shrimp. Set aside to marinate.
- While the shrimp are marinating, fire up your grill. We used our Pit Boss Wood pellet Grill.
- When your grill is ready, add the shrimp to the grill and cook until shrimp have turned opaque and have a pinkish hue. About 1 minute per side on a hot grill. You don’t want to over cook them or else they will be like rubber bullets.
- When the shrimp come off the grill, I like to add just a little dusting of seasoning. However if you don’t like things too spicy, omit this step.
- Serve on top of soup IMMEDIATELY!
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- PIT BOSS WOOD PELLET SMOKER
- PIT BOSS HICKORY PELLETS
- GREENPAN 5 QT POT
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.