Pimento Cheese, also known as “The Caviar Of The South“, is a spread made from various cheeses, mayonnaise and pimento peppers.
It can be served as a spread, on sandwiches and burgers, or just simply used as a dip!!
Whatever your using it for……It’s Delicious!!!
And only takes about 10 minutes to make!
PIMENTO CHEESE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 pound deli American cheese (on the block)
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar
- 1/2 cup keto approved mayonnaise
- 1 4oz. jar of pimentos (reserve a 1/4 of the pimentos for after)
- 1 tsp stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1 tsp white vinegar.
- pinch of ground black pepper
- pinch of garlic powder
PIMENTO CHEESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Grate the block of American cheese into a medium size mixing bowl
- Add in the 1 cup of shredded mild cheddar, and mix to combine.
- Add in the next 6 ingredients, and mix with a hand mixer on medium speed, until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Taste for seasoning. Then stir in the rest of the pimentos and fold in with a spatula. (this is more for presentation)
- Refrigerate for at least one hour so that all the flavors come together.
- Serve as a dip, on a burger, or in a keto approved sandwich.
PIMENTO CHEESE BURGER ASSEMBLY:
- Grill burgers to your liking.
- Top with pimento cheese and any other condiments you enjoy.
- We served ours with our BIG MAC SAUCE, and a side of FRIED ONION RINGS (recipe below).
These Fried Onion Rings, are every bit as crispy, light and flavorful as the original Carb Filled ones.
You gotta try them!
FRIED ONION RING INGREDIENTS:
- 2 Large onions (sliced into rings)
- 2/3 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan (we find the powdered parmesan works best)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Lard/Manteca for frying
- salt for seasoning (we use Redmond’s Real Salt)
FRIED ONION RING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Heat up oil to 350F in a deep fryer, or shallow pan.
- Set up a 2 compartment breading station. One with protein powder, parmesan and ground black pepper, and the other with the beaten eggs and heavy whipping cream.
- In batches, dip the onion rings first into the egg wash, and then into the protein powder, and then into the fryer.
- Allow the onion rings to fry until golden, and then drain on a paper towel. Season with Salt immediately.
- Follow same steps with the next batch.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- 3 PIECE BREADING STATION
- CALPHALON CLASSIC SET
- RETRO SERVING BASKETS
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
One thought on “Pimento Cheese Burgers With Fried Onion Rings”