Often enough about Mid-Week, we will meal prep and grill up a whole bunch of burgers for the next few days. Both this Pizza Burger and our Pimento Burger, are merely extensions of that meal prep.
Some days you don’t feel like just a regular cheeseburger, it can get pretty boring. These different burgers are just ways of keeping it interesting, without going to a lot of extra work.
Top with whatever pizza topping that YOU enjoy!!
These Mozzarella Sticks are soooo tasty, especially if you use the Italian Herb Pork Panko.
If you cannot find the brand we used, they are easy to make yourself. Just mix in some dried oregano, and dried parsley to your crushed pork rinds.
These are so easy to make, and they really do taste like the REAL DEAL, just be sure not to burn them.
FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS INGREDIENTS:
- 8 mozzarella sticks (cut in half)
- 1 cup Italian herb pork panko or make your own with some oregano and parsley
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Lard/Manteca for frying
- our Marinara Sauce for dipping or Rao’s is a great store bought option.
FRIED MOZZARELLA STICKS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Set up a 2 compartment breading station. One with the pork panko, and the other with the beaten eggs and heavy whipping cream.
- In batches, dip the mozzarella sticks first into the egg wash, and then into the pork panko.
- We like to put the breaded cheese sticks in the freezer for 30 minutes before frying.
- Heat up oil to 350F in a deep fryer, or shallow pan.
- In batches, fry the mozzarella sticks in the oil. Allow the mozzarella sticks to fry until golden, and then drain on a paper towel.
- Follow same steps with the next batch.
- Serve with our Marinara Sauce or Rao’s is a great store bought option.
PIZZA BURGER INGREDIENTS:
- mozzarella cheese slices
- provolone cheese slices
- parmesan (grated)
- our Marinara Sauce or Rao’s is a great store bought option
- pepperoni slices
- whatever other toppings you enjoy
PIZZA BURGER ASSEMBLY:
- Grill your burgers to your liking (we used our Pit Boss Wood Pellet Smoker)
- Add marinara sauce to the burger.
- A slice of mozzarella, then a slice of provolone.
- Top that with pepperoni and any other toppings you like.
- Finish off with Parmesan cheese.
- Melt the Pizza burger in a cast iron skillet, under a broiler to melt the cheese.
- Serve on a plate with a little marinara under the burger.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- 3 PIECE BREADING STATION
- CALPHALON CLASSIC SET
- LODGE 8″ CAST IRON SKILLET
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.