I absolutely ADORE fresh guacamole!
I wasn’t kidding when I said I could literally eat a bowl of it to myself for dinner.
I have tried soooo many recipes for guacamole, it’s not funny. What I have found is that I like them more on the traditional rustic side. Larger chunks of avocado, real fresh lime juice, a fresh green chile and the unmistakable flavor of dried mexican oregano; And all of my favorite guacamole recipes generally start with a flavor base that you add to the smashed avocado’s a little at a time, so you can control your desired flavor and heat level. It also brings out a more intense fresh, bright flavor to your guacamole.
This really is a mixture of all my favorite elements to create MY PERFECT GUACAMOLE!!
As I fore mentioned, this guacamole is so good that you can eat it on it’s own, or use it as a dip with some pork rinds or Quest protein chips, but my favorite way of utilizing this recipe is by putting a good healthy dollop on top of some eggs (fried or scrambled) for breakfast.
- 4 avocados
- 3 limes(juiced)
- 2 roma tomatoes(diced, keep the seeds in)
- 1 white onion(1/2 cut into 3 chunks, the other 1/2 into fine dice)
- 1 serrano chile(cut into 3 pieces)
- 1 garlic clove(roughly chopped)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro + extra for garnish
- pinch of dried mexican oregano
- pinch of salt (we use Redmond’s Real Salt)
- Place lime juice, fresh cilantro, serrano chile, garlic and the 3 chunks of onion into a blender. Blend until it becomes a puree. This will be our flavor base for the guacamole.
- Cut and deseed the avocados, place into a medium sized mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and a pinch of the mexican oregano.
- With a whisk or a potato masher, gently smash the avocados. We still want them quite chunky.
- Add in about 4 TBSP of the flavor base to the guacamole, and gently fold in to flavor. My personal preference is 6 TBSP.
- Now add in the chopped tomatoes, diced onion and a little extra cilantro. Again gently fold in to combine.
- Taste for seasoning, probably an extra pinch of salt, because avocados love salt.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- PYREX MIXNG BOWLS
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.