This is my new favorite side dish with any Mexican influenced meal.
QUESO FUNDIDO literally means “melted cheese” and this has no shortage of cheese in it!
In most “Tex-Mex” restaurants it is essentially a queso dip with cooked chorizo and an extra helping of cheese on top that is broiled into a golden, ooey gooey, comforting bowl of HEAVEN!!
It is so simple to make, you can literally have this on the table in 15 minutes from start to finish.
And as always, it’s completely customizable to your taste and heat level.
- 1 pound block white american cheese cut into 1″ cubes (Land O Lakes is best)
- 1 4 oz. can green chiles
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 5 ounces chorizo
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- Cook chorizo and set aside.
- In a medium to large microwavable mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients.
- Heat on high in a microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir.
- Place back in the microwave and repeat the process until all of the ingredients are well combined, and you have a dip/sauce like consistency.
- If you’re not keen on using a microwave, you can absolutely make this over a double boiler. It actually turns out better I think, but a lot of people want fast and simple, so therefor I mostly use the microwave.
- Pour queso sauce into an oven proof vessel, top with the cooked chorizo and finally the shredded cheese.
- Place under a broiler until the cheese is golden brown. Serve Immediately whilst still hot.
Customize this and make it your own.
- If you like it spicier, add a few jalapenos, and some jalapeno juice from the jar.
- If you don’t like the large pieces of green chiles, blend them up or finely chop them. They are mainly there for flavor anyway.
- Now, like ALL cheese base sauces/dips, it will get thicker and gooey when it starts to cool down, so you may want to put it in a warmer if you plan on keeping it out over a period of time.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- LODGE 8″ CAST IRON SKILLET
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
2 thoughts on “Queso Fundido Con Chorizo”
I have made this dip a few times and it is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser. My daughter specifically asked me to bring this to our Thanksgiving gathering. I was continually asked for the recipe. I add more heavy cream then the recipe calls for to thin out as I keep it warm in a crock pot. I brought chips for non keto eaters, my husband and I eat with thick cut
zero carb pepperoni . DELICIOUS!
LikeLiked by 1 person