“Oklahoma Prime Rib”, “Tennessee Tenderloin” “BBQ Tube Steak”
Just a few names for the humble and inexpensive “Barbecue Bologna“.
I must say, I am not generally a fan of bologna….period!!
However after visiting a BBQ Joint in Nashville where this was the star of the show, I kinda’ changed my mind! It was actually very tasty when prepared like this.
Bologna is cheap, and can feed a lot of people, and especially in “The South”, people love it; And while the weather here is still crazy hot, I got that smoker going!
- 5 pound bologna
- yellow mustard
- our Memphis Style Barbecue Rub
- our Classic Barbecue Sauce
- Set smoker to 225F. We used our PIT BOSS WOOD PELLET SMOKER
- Score the bologna vertically and horizontally about a 1.5 inches apart, be sure not to cut in too deep.
- Rub the bologna with yellow mustard, just a nice thin slather.
- Evenly sprinkle on our Memphis Style Barbecue Rub, being sure to get some in the slits that you’ve created. Give it a nice good coat of rub.
- Place the bologna in the smoker for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, glaze the smoked bologna with our Classic Barbecue Sauce and smoke for another 30 minutes to allow the sauce to caramelize and set.
- Slice up and serve with some extra sauce and a cold glass of our Southern Sweet Tea.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- PIT BOSS WOOD PELLET SMOKER
- PIT BOSS HICKORY PELLETS
- THERMOPRO DIGITAL MEAT THERMOMETER
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
2 thoughts on “Barbecue Bologna”
Can you still make this without a smoker?
Absolutely, just cook it to the same temperatures in the oven. It will lack that extra smoky flavor though.