With all this humid weather we’ve been having, it’s giving me some serious “LOUISIANA VIBES“.
As I’ve previously mentioned in our JAMBALAYA RECIPE, my daughter, her husband and my 2 Grandchildren live in Louisiana. A little bit of a drive to say the least!!
Which got me thinking about the delicious food in Louisiana…I absolutely love the melting pot of cultures, flavors and traditions in Cajun Food; Especially DIRTY RICE!
This is a pretty authentic Dirty Rice recipe from our family in Louisiana, however, whenever you say AUTHENTIC, like with most regional cuisines, you’re going to have everybody add their 2 cents worth…The truth is EVERY FAMILY in those areas have their own family recipe, and their own tips and tricks…All of them being a little different from the other.
This is our version!!
Dirty rice is a versatile dish, as it’s substantial enough to eat as a main meal, or you can use it as a side dish to accompany any grilled meats. Add whatever proteins you like into the recipe, chicken, shrimp, pork, crawfish even. As we always say on our blog “MAKE IT YOU’RE OWN” and we love it when you do!!
- 3 12 oz. bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 1 green bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 stalks celery (finely diced)
- 1 bunch green onion (finely diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 TBSP creole/cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup beef bone broth
PREPARING THE RICE:
- Microwave the cauliflower rice for 15 mins. (Rice should be still a little al dente, as we are still going to steam it for 10 minutes after)
- Place rice in some cheesecloth, twist and strain out as much of the liquid as possible. (This step removes a lot of the CAULIFLOWER TASTE)
- Set aside
- Prepare the cauliflower rice as shown above.
- Brown the meats in a large saucepan, over medium/high heat.
- As the meat is starting to brown, add in your onions, celery, green peppers, green onion and garlic, and sauté until softened.
- Add in the seasonings and beef broth. Stir to incorporate well.
- Add in the cauliflower rice, stir to combine, and place a lid over the top of the saucepan for approximately 10 minutes to steam the cauliflower rice to your liking.
- SERVE AND ENJOY!!
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- CALPHALON CLASSIC DUTCH OVEN 5QT
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com