My husband absolutely loves cheese!! It’s his favorite thing in the whole world; And let’s face it, sometimes you just don’t feel like meat. Well, I kind of stumbled onto a recipe from an Italian food website (nope, not a lick of English spoken) looking for some inspiration, and I stumbled onto this recipe that I absolutely knew my husband would love! With a few simple tweaks, I was able to make this tasty recipe Keto Friendly.
It is super fast to make, and a great alternative to our regular meatball recipe when you’re feeling like something a little different. Needless to say, he was an absolute fan, and he wanted to eat them 3 times in 1 week…..Successful Mission!!
- 1.5 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pork panko
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- pinch of salt, pepper and grated nutmeg, to taste
- our Marinara Sauce
- Drain the whey from the ricotta by placing it in a mesh strainer in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After the ricotta has been strained, add the ricotta and the rest of the ingredients (except the marinara sauce) into a large mixing bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Roll the ricotta mixture, using a large cookie scoop, into balls. You should get 16-18 ricotta balls using this scoop.
- Heat up the marinara sauce in a large skillet until simmering, then gently add the ricotta cheese balls. Place a lid over the skillet and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, serve the Ricotta Cheese Balls with some marinara and a few extra fresh basil leaves and some shaved Parmesan.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- T-FAL NONTICK 5qt JUMBO SAUTE PAN
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.