Our last recipe for Crispy Skin Smoked Wings was a huge hit!…..But…..A lot of people don’t have a smoker, and with the Football season already upon us, Who doesn’t need another Chicken Wing recipe, Right??
These delicious wings are baked in the oven, and with a few simple techniques, you can still get amazingly crispy wings!!
And seeing we are heading into the cooler weather, we’ve whipped up a sweet, sticky Asian inspired sauce to glaze them with.
Usually I would season my wings with both salt and pepper, but because of the saltiness of both the baking powder and the coconut liquid aminos, we are only seasoning them with black pepper today.
CHICKEN WINGS INGREDIENTS:
- 3 pounds chicken wing sections
- ground black pepper
- 1.5 TBSP baking powder
CHICKEN WINGS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Use paper towels to pat the wings dry and place them in a large bowl. Make sure you dry them really well!!
- Season the wings with ground black pepper, and then sprinkle the wings with the baking powder. Mix the wings using your hands to thoroughly coat the chicken with the baking powder.
- Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet and arrange all of your chicken wings, skin side up, in a single layer.
- Place the wings on the middle shelf of the oven for around an hour, or until wings are looking golden and getting crispy. Be sure to flip wings every 20 minutes.
- When the wings have turned golden, place them in the wok with the sauce (recipe below) and toss to coat them thoroughly, then place them back on the wire rack. I do this in 2 batches.
- Put the wings back in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the glaze has set onto the wings. Be sure not to burn the glaze or else it will turn out bitter.
- Garnish with chopped green onions. Sesame seeds work well too, but I personally don’t like them.
- 1/2 cup Swerve Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut aminos/light soy sauce (if it doesn’t offend your Keto)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP minced fresh garlic
- 1 TBSP minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 green onion (finely chopped for garnish)
- Add the first 6 ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Set a wok or large non stick skillet over med/high heat.
- Add the butter until melted, then add your sauce/glaze mixture.
- Bring the sauce to a low boil, then reduce to a simmer, sprinkle in your xanthan gum, and whisk in thoroughly.
- Reduce the sauce until it has a glaze consistency, but leaving enough volume to coat all of the chicken wings, and maybe a little left over for some extra sauce.
- After you have glazed your chicken wings and they are back in the oven, you can pour out any leftover sauce (even slightly thin it out with some water if too thick) into a little serving bowl.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- NORDIC WARE 1/2 SHEET BAKING PANS
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
- PYREX MIXNG BOWLS
- FARBERWARE SILICONE MINI WHISK
- 14″ CARBON STEEL WOK
- WHITE RECTANGLE PLATE
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.