We’ve had so many requests over the years to come up with a Keto Pumpkin Pie recipe, and I’ve always procrastinated because there are quite a few out there already.
If I made one it would have to be really “Something Special“.
After a few years of testing and working out, “What exactly do I want in a Pumpkin Pie“?
I’ve finally come up with a recipe that I’m incredibly proud of, and would be happy to share on ANY THANKSGIVING or CHRISTMAS TABLE, keto or not!!
For the pie crust, we’ve gone for graham cracker style crust, but the pumpkin pie custard is most definitely the STAR OF THE SHOW. This pumpkin pie filling, is rich, light, creamy and decadent. I’ve used 2 types of sweeteners for that perfect balance of sweetness with caramel and molasses notes. Instead of using pumpkin pie spice, I’ve tailored a blend of spices that are a little more complex and really scream out Fall. The freshly ground black pepper is an absolute game changer!!
So from my family to yours, I hope this becomes your favorite Pumpkin Pie!!
PUMPKIN PIE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg + 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1/2 cup Swerve Brown Sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (we use Redmonds real Salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
PUMPKIN PIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Pre heat oven to 325F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together (except xanthan gum) in a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle xanthan gum over the pumpkin pie mixture and whisk vigorously to incorporate.
- Place your prepared pie crust (Recipe Below) onto a baking tray, so that it is easy to transport without spilling.
- Pour the pumpkin pie mixture into your 9″ pie crust until it’s 3/4 of the way full. I like to also cover the edges of the pie crust with foil or a pie crust guard at this time, to not allow the edges to burn.
- Place on the middle rack of your stove and cook for 50 -70 minutes. Ideally you want the edges to be fully baked about 2″ from the crust, with a slight jiggle in the center.
- When the pumpkin pie is ready, take out of the oven and allow to cool completely (Important Step).
- As the pumpkin pie is cooling, you may notice an opaque film starting to form on the surface, this is perfectly normal because of the erythritol. When you are ready to serve, just very, very lightly brush the surface with a pastry brush that’s been dipped in water. You will notice that the film disappears completely, and it generally doesn’t return.
- If you like, decorate pie with whipped cream (Recipe Below) and serve.
- Keep left over pie covered and refrigerated.
PIE CRUST INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 Cup almond flour
- 3/4 Cup coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
PIE CRUST INSTRUCTIONS
- Pre Heat oven to 350F
- Add all the base ingredients into a bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and mix together in a bowl.
- In a pie plate, press the base mixture into the bottom of the bowl to form a pie crust.
- Place the crust in the oven for 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Once cooked take out of oven and set aside to cool down.
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPPING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Make Whipped Cream Topping, by pouring 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, sweetener and vanilla extract into a medium mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- FARBERWARE SILICONE MINI WHISK
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- 9″ PYREX PIE DISH
- 9″ PIE CRUST SHIELD
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.