Here is a Keto/Low carb twist on the old classic retro dish “TUNA CASSEROLE“
This hearty dish is super quick and easy to make, and is a perfect meal to add to your weeknight menu.
We’ve replaced the pasta with a great low carb/keto alternative (the ingredients are pretty clean) and we’ve subbed out the cream of mushroom soup and replaced it with Rao’s Alfredo Sauce (again, the ingredients are fairly clean) for what I think makes an even tastier version of the old classic. If you don’t wish to use Rao’s Alfredo Sauce, or don’t have it in your grocery store, then you can make our Alfredo Sauce from scratch (recipe linked below).
However, this recipe was designed with families on the go in mind, and is able to be put together in a matter of minutes.
- 3 5oz. cans tuna in water
- 2 individual portion packs Liviva Pasta penne
- 1 cup Rao’s Alfredo Sauce or our alfredo sauce recipe (first 5 ingredients)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1.5 cups fresh mushrooms chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup pork panko (for topping)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan (for topping)
- 2 TBSP butter
- salt & pepper season to taste
- Rinse penne pasta thoroughly for about 2 minutes in a colander
- Put into a nonstick skillet over med/high heat and stir around until the penne has completely dried out and starts to make a squeaking sound when you move them around.
- Set Aside.
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the grated parmesan and pork panko for the topping. Set Aside.
- Add butter to a large nonstick skillet over med/high heat.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms until onions become translucent.
- Add in the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant (Approx 1 Min)
- Throw in the tuna, stir until well incorporated and warmed through.
- Add in the prepared penne, stir and allow to cook for about a minute.
- Now pour in 1 cup of Alfredo Sauce, stir well to thoroughly incorporate, and warm through.
- Pour the tuna bake mixture into an oven safe dish, spread out evenly and then top with the parmesan/pork panko mixture.
- Set on the middle shelf of the pre-heated oven and allow to bake for 25-30 minutes.
- SERVE & ENJOY!!
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOODEN KNIFE SET
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- RACHEL RAY NONSTICK SKILLETS
- T-FAL NONTICK 5qt JUMBO SAUTE PAN
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.