So this year we decided to try our hand at a veggie garden. We planted 6 zucchini plants hoping that “just maybe“, we might get enough zucchini’s to get us through the Summer, as it is our favorite vegetable…..WELL…..Who knew zucchini’s could be so…..Plentiful!!
To say we have an abundance is an understatement!!
We’ve already had our fill of zucchini prepared in a savory way, our favorite being this delicious Panda Express Style Mushroom Chicken. Seriously, if you haven’t tried it, then you have to try it.
Now for something a little sweeter, and since we are heading towards FALL SEASON, we thought we’d start our Fall Recipes off with this incredible ZUCCHINI BREAD.
- 1.5 cups zucchini (grated)
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1/4 cup Swerve Brown sweetener
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1.75 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 325F. and grease your loaf pan.
- Grate zucchini and set aside. I personally do not squeeze out the moisture.
- Add all of the dry ingredients, except for the 2 sweeteners, into a food processor and pulse until all the ingredients are well combined. Set Aside.
- Add the 2 sweeteners and softened butter into a large mixing bowl. Cream the ingredients with a hand mixer until well combined and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and continue to beat with mixer until combined.
- Now add in your flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- Add in the grated zucchini and fold with a silicone spatula until incorporated.
- Mix in your chopped walnuts and fold well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, smooth top, and place on the middle shelf of the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, tent the top of the zucchini bread with foil, and continue to cook for another 25 to 30 minutes. Every oven will be different, so keep a close eye on it.
- Take out of the oven and gently run a butter knife or spatula around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, gently lift the bread out of the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Resist the urge to slice into it while it is still warm, it will ruin the texture. I do agree that zucchini bread is best served warm, but do this after it has cooled.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- HAMILTON BEACH FOOD PROCESSOR
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
- RACHEL RAY 9×5 CAKE PAN
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- LACED PLATE
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
7 thoughts on “Zucchini Bread”
Would coconut flour work? I would love more recipes using it. It has such a better texture
Coconut Flour wouldn’t work in this recipe unfortunately….However, if you follow the tips and tricks in this recipe, by cutting the mixture with protein powder, adding xanthan gum and pulsing it in the blender into a very fine mixture….I’ll think you’ll be surprised!
Can’t wait to try zucchini bread recipe!
Was wondering if the carb count was somewhere and I missed it.
With all of our recipes we recommend using Carb Manager for your Macros, as different brands of the same ingredient can contain a vastly different amount of carbohydrates.
Often enough people like to swap out our sweetener for theirs and also add and subtract ingredients to their own likes and dislikes.
“SERVING SIZE” perception can also be vastly different from one person to another.
I just got an 18” zucchini from my neighbor! I’m so happy you shared this recipe because zucchini bread (back in the SAD days) was my summer jam! Definitely going to give this a try. Thank you
Awesome…. This recipe works out a treat with those big zucchinis