Staying on the Keto/Low Carb path has always been fairly easy for us.
However come Fall Season, our arch nemesis has always been that darn pumpkin cream cheese log, that you see in the bakery section of every grocery store…..NOT THIS YEAR SATAN!!
Not only have we OUTDONE ourselves on this recipe, but you are not going to believe how quick and easy this is to pull together. The baking of the cake is done in no longer than 10 minutes all up, start to finish, and you don’t even have to turn your oven on! That’s right, just a microwave, and I promise, once assembled, you would NEVER KNOW!
I can guarantee you that Keto/Low Carb or not, you could give this Pumpkin Layer Cake to ANYONE, and they will love it!
CAKE INGREDIENTS: (you will need this 2x)
- 2 TBSP almond flour
- 1 TBSP vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1 tsp swerve brown sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 TBSP pumpkin puree
- 1 TBSP melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all dry ingredients into a 3 cup size glass container, and mix thoroughly.
- Then put all the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients and mix all of those until you have a nice wet batter.
- Tap the glass container to knock out any air bubbles and even out the mixture, then put into the microwave for anywhere between 2 and 2 and a half minutes. You want the top to be fully set and no trace of liquid.
- Run a butter knife around the edge of the cake, slightly pushing in to loosen it.
- Flip out cake onto a cooling rack.
- Follow above steps to make ANOTHER CAKE.
- After both cakes have cooled, carefully slice each cake in half, so that you have 4 uniform layers.
CREAM CHEESE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 8oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 TBSP stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 TBSP vanilla extract
- crushed pecans for topping
CREAM CHEESE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add all the ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl
- Blend with an electric mixer until everything is combined.
- Put down first layer of cake, then spoon on 1/3 of cream cheese mixture and spread into an even layer.
- Then layer another piece of cake followed by another third of the cream cheese. Do this one last time, then finally top the cake with some crushed pecans.
- This cake is best served chilled.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- PALAIS GLASS 6×6 GLASS DISH
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- STAINLESS STEEL MIXING BOWLS
- DOUBLE WALL INSULATED GLASS COFFEE CUPS
- TWININGS CHAI ULTRA SPICE TEA
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.