Well… Fall has definitely set in, and there is a chill in the air…
Not to mention, it’s that SPOOKY TIME OF YEAR!!
And this is a classic Fall One Pot Dish, with a Halloween Twist. (Only how we spelled the name)
American Goulash, which is definitely NOT TO BE CONFUSED with Hungarian Goulash.
Hungarian Goulash is more of a stew with large chunks of beef cooked in a Paprika based sauce.
American Goulash is an American Classic Comfort Food. It’s a ground beef and macaroni noodles sautéed with onions and peppers, then simmered in a tomato based sauce. But just because it’s a more basic recipe, doesn’t mean it lacks in any flavor.
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 2 packs (4 portion bags) Liviva Penne (We cut our penne in half to mimic macaroni)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 green peppers (diced)
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce (tomato puree)
- 2 TBSP paprika
- 2 TBSP liquid aminos or Soy Sauce (if it doesn’t offend your keto)
- 1 TBSP garlic (minced)
- 2 TBSP of any keto approved fat or oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- Rinse penne pasta thoroughly, then put into a nonstick skillet over med/high heat and stir around until the penne has completely dried out and starts to make a squeaking sound when you move them around. Set Aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over med/high heat.
- Add in onions and peppers and saute until starting to soften, then add in your minced garlic and saute for an extra minute.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and start to break it down with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Once the meat is starting to brown, add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, liquid aminos and the paprika. Stir well to incorporate.
- Bring the goulash to a boil, add the pasta, stir and then turn heat down to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the 30 minutes has passed, taste for seasoning with salt and pepper.
- SERVE AND ENJOY!!
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- GREENPAN NONSTICK CERAMIC SKILLET
- FARBERWARE 10.5 QUART NONSTICK POT
- LE TAUCI SOUP BOWL
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.