BUTTERED PECANS INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 TBSP butter
BUTTERED PECANS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a small microwavable bowl, add in pecans and toss well to coat.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and evenly spread out the pecans.
- Place the pecans in the oven until toasted, About 10 -15 mins. Be sure to give them a little stir every 5 mins.
- Set aside to cool.
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup of vanilla whey protein powder
- 1.5 cups cups chopped buttered pecans
- 1/2 cup stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1/2 cup Swerve Brown Sweetener
- 1.5 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk substitute (See Kitchen Tip Below)
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3 large eggs (room temp)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Sift the almond flour and vanilla protein powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and whisk until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add in all of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until all of the ingredients are well combined and you have a light airy batter. About 3 to 5 mins.
- Pour evenly into 2 greased, 8″ cake pans.
- Cook for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden, the cake is coming away from the sides of the pan, and a wooden skewer come out clean.
- Carefully turn out the cakes from the cake pans, and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
BROWN BUTTER FOR THE FROSTING:
- Add 1 cup of unsalted butter to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Constantly stir/whisk butter as it’s melting as to not allow it to burn.
- The butter with start to froth up, but what you are looking for is a nice caramel/amber color liquid, with brown bits on the bottom….If they are black, you’ve burnt it and will have to start again.
- Once you’ve reached the brown butter color, empty into a heat proof bowl and place in the fridge until it is starting to solidify into soft butter consistency.
- Set Aside.
BROWN BUTTER FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
BROWN BUTTER FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add the browned butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with a hand mixer until fully incorporated.
- Add the powdered sweetener a 1/2 a cup at a time, and beat with a mixer until all of the sweetener is incorporated and the frosting is whipped, light and fluffy.
- Place first cake on your serving dish, add 1/3 of your frosting to the top of the cake and smooth out.
- Place the 2nd cake on top of the frosting and use another 1/3 of your frosting for the top of the cake.
- Finally, use the last 1/3 of your frosting for going around the sides of your cake, making sure to smooth the whole cake out as you go.
- To finish off decorating the cake, we use the left over 1/2 a cup of buttered pecans to scatter over the top of the cake.
- SERVE AND ENJOY! (we enjoy this cake chilled)
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- NORDIC WARE 1/2 SHEET BAKING PANS
- WIRE FINE MESH STRAINER
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- BLACK AND DECKER HAND MIXER
- WILTON ALUMINUM 8″ ROUND CAKE TIN
- BAKING/COOLING RACK
- PYREX MIXNG BOWLS
- SILICONE RUBBER SPATULA
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.