As the weather is heating up, I’m getting a craving for something light for dinner.
Something that’s flavorful, but not going to weigh me down!
My husband, being from Australia, loves fresh seafood, especially CRAB CAKES.
So I thought “WHY NOT“, until I saw the price of Jumbo Lump Crab meat…..
Unfortunately that was not in my budget this week; However, by using the same approach to making a great delicate crab cake, only substituting the crab meat for fresh shrimp.
It was a HUGE SUCCESS!!
SHRIMP CAKES INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup pork panko
- 1/3 cup our mayonnaise or a store bought keto approved mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup celery(finely diced)
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley(finely chopped)
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 large egg(lightly beaten)
- oil and 2 TBSP butter for pan frying
SHRIMP CAKES INSTRUCTIONS:
- Chop up half of the shrimp into small chunks. Set Aside.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the whole shrimp into a food processor. Pulse until it forms a thick paste.
- Empty paste into a medium size mixing bowl, and now add the reserved chopped shrimp. Fold in to evenly combine. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to allow the flavors to marry.
- Gently shape mixture into 6 even patties (I used a 1/3 measuring cup) and place onto a baking tray.
- Freeze the patties for 30 minutes, or until firm enough to be able to transfer to a pan without breaking apart. .
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add the shrimp cakes in and sauté until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes, GENTLY FLIP the shrimp cakes over (I use a fish slice because these are delicate) and sauté, for a further 3-5 minutes or until instant read thermometer reads 160F internal temperature.
- Serve with Old Bay Aioli (RECIPE BELOW)
OLD BAY AILOI INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup our mayonnaise or a store bought keto approved mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh dill(finely chopped)
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- zest and juice from 1 small lemon
OLD BAY AILOI INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add all of the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour before using, to allow flavors to come together.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- HAMILTON BEACH FOOD PROCESSOR
- STAINLESS MIXING BOWLS
- NORDIC WARE 1/2 SHEET BAKING PANS
- CALPHALON 12″ GRIDDLE PAN
- CALPHALON CLASSIC SET
- THERMOPRO DIGITAL MEAT THERMOMETER
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
2 thoughts on “Maryland Shrimp Cakes With Old Bay Aioli”
Can you freeze these for later? And do you need to thaw them?