This is one of the VERY FIRST RECIPES that I came up with for my family when we first started our Keto/Low carb journey. It’s the most popular side dish at every Holiday/Family Gathering that we go to.
People who are both Keto and not keto absolutely love this dish…..My good friends and also my Bosses, Dr. Ken Berry and his wife Neisha, from Neisha loves It, quite often get us to make this for their family gatherings.
Just one problem, after making nearly 150 blog recipes over the last few years, I had assumed that a recipe that I make so often would have already been put up….I honestly thought I had…..Nope!!!
I have never put up this now, “NEARLY FAMOUS” Cheesy Cauliflower Bake recipe….
WELL…..HERE IT IS FOLKS!!!
- 3 Bags frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 pound bacon (chopped)
- 12 oz block deli American cheese (we use land o lakes) cubed
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pork panko for topping
- salt + pepper to taste, but shouldn’t need any salt.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Steam the bags of cauliflower in the microwave for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet/saucepan over medium/high heat. Add bacon and sauté until bacon starts to render it’s fat and is starting to brown.
- Add in onions and garlic and sauté until the onions have softened and gone translucent.
- Now it’s time to add in the American cheese. Stir constantly until the cheese is starting to melt, then pour in the heavy whipping cream.
- Keep stirring until the cream and the cheese begin to make a sauce, if you feel it’s too thick, add a little more cream to thin it out.
- Add in the steamed cauliflower and stir until every floret is well coated.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Pour into a casserole dish, top with pork panko and the cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes and the top is golden brown and delicious.
- Once cooked, let it rest for 10 minutes before serving!
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- PIONEER WOMAN CUTTING BOARD
- PIONEER WOMAN KNIFE SET
- T-FAL NONTICK 5QT JUMBO SAUTE PAN
- SERVING BOWLS
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
12 thoughts on “Cheesy Cauliflower Bake”
What weight are the bags of frozen cauliflower?
They are 12oz bags.
Can you use fresh cauliflower? If so how much?
Yes you can, the same amounts still apply. The length of time you cook the fresh cauliflower will probably differ though.
Thank you for this recipe! Is it possible to swap the American cheese with cheddar?
Unfortunately you won’t get the same texture, the cheddar will go grainy, however you could add some cheddar to give it some more complexity.
My wife love Dr Berry and Niesha,
Have you tried her corn bread ( of course keto without corn ?? )
Yes I have, we actually have it featured on our Texas Chili Recipe!….It’s delicious
LikeLiked by 1 person
Small world !! 😊
I came out vey watery. Should the cauli be wrung dry first?
We’ve never had this happen using our directions, in fact if anything, sometimes it can come out on the side of being almost too thick, I’m not sure why this happened. to yours. However all frozen cauliflower brands can differ. So perhaps wringing it out might help.