Yes, there are Sugar free ketchups out there…..Some of them are good, but the list of ingredients to make them a commercial product aren’t ideal. Yes they are Low Carb, but not cleanest of ingredients for keto.
Then we have the other spectrum, the ingredients are pretty clean, but it just doesn’t taste like good Ol’ Fashioned Store Bought Ketchup!!
Here’s one that takes 2 minutes to put together, and 20 minutes to simmer…. THAT’S IT!!
And it tastes almost identical to Mr. Heinz.
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Swerve brown sweetener
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water (maybe a fraction more if you prefer a thinner consistency)
- 1/2 TBSP stevia/erythritol blend sweetener
- 1 tsp salt (we use Redmonds Real Sea Salt)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the ingredients until smooth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Stir periodically.
- At the end of the 20 minutes, check the consistency of ketchup, if too thick for your liking, add a little more water a TBSP at a time.
- Let cool and store in a container or squeeze bottle in the fridge.
PRODUCTS WE USE:
- KITCHEN AID MEASURING SPOONS/CUPS
- CALPHALON MILK SAUCEPAN
- FARBERWARE SILICONE MINI WHISK
- BBQ SERVING BUNDLE – CONDIMENT BOTTLES, SERVING BASKETS AND LINERS
Cooking Keto With Faith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.